The Cryptolambo had gone to the moon... Time for Cryptolambo 2!!!

Sgarrista
Commissario
OP
Hi all,

Car was collected yesterday and taken to Lambo (too busy to take it myself so had them pick it up) to investigate a weird knocking noise. They have found the cause it seems with a mount issue, now fixed.

Asked also for a VHC given its had 2 track days recently. Here is what they send back in general alongside a report. Thought some people might like to see a bit more of the underside so just screen recorded it and uploaded to youtube.

Sgarrista
Commissario
OP
So after getting the car back its been sat on the drive, havent had a reason to go out and when I have its been crap weather so took the landy.

Went to go out in it today and the door wont open, crap. Rang lambo service Birmingham, no clue. Rang lambo service Manchester, no clue. Got told to ring lambo breakdown, no clue.

The car has a large parasitic draw and starts to misbehave if left more than a few weeks without trickle or being driven.

The problem was the window wasnt dropping when pushing the door open, as the doors open upwards they dont/cant clear the seals.

After looking through the workshop manual, found theres an emergency way in, which while it doesnt do the full drop, allows the window to drop 5mm or so, just enough you can carefully push the trim out of the way and open the door. Bingo.

Turning the ignition on a christmas tree of low battery warnings and lights, so got out the jump pack. Hooked it up and boom, probably the smoothest start its done in a while. Left it to idle for 15 mins while sorted out the trickle charge.

i.php

Also have new engine bay struts on the way as these no longer work, so big stick had to do the job.

New battery ordered also, as I feel this one isnt holding charge long enough so probably on the way out if 2 weeks is enough to cause big enough problems to have to break into my own car.

Soldato
So after getting the car back its been sat on the drive, havent had a reason to go out and when I have its been crap weather so took the landy.

Went to go out in it today and the door wont open, crap. Rang lambo service Birmingham, no clue. Rang lambo service Manchester, no clue. Got told to ring lambo breakdown, no clue.

The car has a large parasitic draw and starts to misbehave if left more than a few weeks without trickle or being driven.

The problem was the window wasnt dropping when pushing the door open, as the doors open upwards they dont/cant clear the seals.

After looking through the workshop manual, found theres an emergency way in, which while it doesnt do the full drop, allows the window to drop 5mm or so, just enough you can carefully push the trim out of the way and open the door. Bingo.

Turning the ignition on a christmas tree of low battery warnings and lights, so got out the jump pack. Hooked it up and boom, probably the smoothest start its done in a while. Left it to idle for 15 mins while sorted out the trickle charge.

i.php

Also have new engine bay struts on the way as these no longer work, so big stick had to do the job.

New battery ordered also, as I feel this one isnt holding charge long enough so probably on the way out if 2 weeks is enough to cause big enough problems to have to break into my own car.
If you got a parasitic drain, wouldn't it make sense to get that looked at too? I know it's not the same car, but I know some have issues with boot or bonnet locks not engaging fully and causing drain as cars won't go into a deep sleep. Also how much driving do you do, might just be the battery doesn't get enough charge in it.

Man of Honour
My old GT3 would get to about day 10 before it’s power drained so much it became temperamental. Had to put it on a conditioner most of the time.

DRZ

DRZ

Soldato
My old GT3 would get to about day 10 before it’s power drained so much it became temperamental. Had to put it on a conditioner most of the time.

Similar story on the M5 - 10-14 days (depending on external temp and length of last drive) and it was deeply unhappy. Wouldn't even idle properly etc. Kept it on a trickle charger most of the time just to keep the 'sea of warning lights' anxiety to a minimum. Fresh battery too, so not that...

Soldato
Just curious but shouldn't it be on a conditioner 24/7. I'm lucky in that I can leave the 360 on conditioner year round in the garage. Wouldn't dare leave it even 3 days off this as the parasitic draw on these is horrendous and it would be stone dead.

Tbh I'd be worried even leaving my 435d for two weeks unused. However I guess the Lambo is much more modern so I guess you should expect it to be fine to leave?

I recommend if leaving a few weeks get a ctek and hook it up on a dry day every now and then, as I understand that it lives outside year round? that sounds like may just about suffice.

Meh I don't know lol.

Sgarrista
Commissario
OP
Just curious but shouldn't it be on a conditioner 24/7. I'm lucky in that I can leave the 360 on conditioner year round in the garage. Wouldn't dare leave it even 3 days off this as the parasitic draw on these is horrendous and it would be stone dead.

Tbh I'd be worried even leaving my 435d for two weeks unused. However I guess the Lambo is much more modern so I guess you should expect it to be fine to leave?

I recommend if leaving a few weeks get a ctek and hook it up on a dry day every now and then, as I understand that it lives outside year round? that sounds like may just about suffice.

Meh I don't know lol.

Usually I hook the ctek up, was just lazy this time and got bitten for it :)

Back
Top Bottom