The Cryptolambo had gone to the moon... Time for Cryptolambo 2!!!

Caporegime
I know when my last boss bought his aventador he had to have been a regular customer, had to be invited to buy one and had to put down a 10% deposit there and then to be on the waiting list with nothing more known about the car than the name, not even what engine was going to be in.

Much later all the people on the waiting list were flown to the factory and shown a prototype and had to sign NDAs and hand their mobiles over before seeing it. If they liked what they saw they had to put another £50k deposit down otherwise they could have their original deposit back.

It seemed like years from the first deposit to the cars actually being made. Think he was quick with his deposit and got the second one delivered to the UK. I know some people were up to 2 years waiting for theirs from the first delivery.

Sgarrista
Commissario
OP
So as some of you know I have had a deposit down on the Revulteo for a long time with Lambo.

Yesterday was the official "UK unveiling" of the car at Silverstone and was there alongside nearly 400 other owners where we got a full day of lambo hospitality.

The day started turning up at Silverstone for ~10am. Where freshly baked pastries, fresh coffee, hot drinks, cold drinks etc were served.

As the silverstone wing paddok filled to nearly bursting, it was apparent we had a bit of a special day on hand with a lot of rare and classic cars not only on display but driven there by the owners..

IMG-20230429-101439.jpg

IMG-20230429-101454.jpg

IMG-20230429-101507.jpg

IMG-20230429-101520.jpg

IMG-20230429-101532.jpg

IMG-20230429-102031.jpg

IMG-20230429-102044.jpg

IMG-20230429-102057.jpg

IMG-20230429-102129.jpg

IMG-20230429-102141.jpg

IMG-20230429-102158.jpg

Sgarrista
Commissario
OP
After meeting up with a large number of friends and acquaintances, speaking with some of the executives from Lamborghini, it turns out we had enough cars to break the current world record for most Lamborghinis on a racetrack at the same time, and a plan was hatched.

All the drivers then proceeded out to the track and lined up on the full length of the Silverstone wing straight.

There were drones and official photographers who could get a better shot of this as my phone camera simply couldnt see down the entire length, but managed to snap a couple of personal shots of my car :)

IMG-20230429-115412.jpg

IMG-20230429-115449.jpg

IMG-20230429-115545.jpg

IMG-20230429-115623.jpg

After confirming we had indeed broken the record, we shuffled back into the carpark and headed up for some lunch where again met up with friends old and new, as well as being introduced to new people and also had a number of people come up and chat as they recognised me from the carwow video (as I was wearing my trenchcoat :D :D )

Sgarrista
Commissario
OP
Then came the main event, the unveiling!

We were led into a quite dark, smoke filled room, showed a few videos and then came the unveiling. Fortunely I had a prime possition to capture it on video.

After the execs gave us some more speeches and information in the technical side, the design side, the aims of the car etc we were given free reign to have a look inside, and out.

Sat in the car, being of a small frame it feels very roomy to me, the inside is absolutely phenominal, with screens, readouts and displays where you can flick information from one to another. Its really quite something special.

IMG-20230429-140142.jpg

IMG-20230429-141244.jpg

IMG-20230429-141512.jpg

IMG-20230429-141538.jpg

IMG-20230429-142100.jpg

IMG-20230429-142742.jpg

IMG-20230429-143308.jpg

IMG-20230429-144635.jpg

IMG-20230429-145214.jpg

I dont think the design is as bold or that huge generational jump that it was from the Murci to the Aventador for sure, but its very pleasing and the fitment and finish is superb. I also spoke to a number of the drivers who have driven the demonstrators in anger and they all say the same thing, that the cars capabilities and performance are just nuts.

Throughout the day we were also invited to go sign the large canvas, so I stuck my online tags up there :)

IMG-20230429-150347.jpg

Overall it was an amazing day, and its surprising how many people knew each other, and one thing stood out more than anything and that is how everyone spoke to everyone all day without a hint of arrogance or snobishness. Everyone was just there to enjoy the day, there were a number of very loud and annoying youtube and IG personanilities there, and again they just acted and behaved like normal people.

Am I excited for the car? Yes, will I keep it? Unknown, but unlikely if I get an early allocation. At the end of the day the numbers being bounded around put this at a car thats half a million quid with basic options. And for me, thats simply out of my comfort zone affordability wise and also I dont believe that nearly 3x the money by the time ive specced it how I want gets me anywhere near 3x the car.

So time will tell, maybe some of my crazier crypto investments will play out and may just yolo it!

OcUK Staff
I need to see one in flesh as online images and video is doing nothing for me, looks like Audi had too much input in the styling, hopefully in person it is much better, a bit like a 296 which also looks somewhat meh in photos but in the flesh looks better. But I think your AV looks far better @kindai

Nice to see Lamborghini going all new though with a carbon tub, yet still keeping the epic sounding V12 with even more power and then adding batteries to push it over 1001HP, have to say though unless they have truly worked some magic I cannot see it been exciting to drive on the road, it won't feel like its moving at 130mph let alone 70mph. I really hope Lamborghini have not repeated Ferrari's mistake with the SF90 which is one of the worse Ferrari's for driving enjoyment ever released, loads of power, silly long gearing and totally numb car with the AWD. The 296 drives circles around the SF90, it really is such a better car, the Artura also is a cracking road car just looks a bit meh, so eagerly awaiting their LT variants.

Maybe it is my age but I find most of the silly fast totally boring to drive on the road which to me defeats the point of having them, it is for sure a weakness of my 600 LT which is Mclarens most engaging model in the lineup, though Mclaren have made big promises with the 750S, having driven a few 720S now, found them all totally boring unless your happy to do 130-160 on a public road which is not acceptable or legal. The 600 is a bit better but still rather dull at anything sub 60mph, in the 458 today and it just reveals why its so good, I am in 6th gear even at 35mph after ticking in each gear thinking I am going quite fast to see I am still at a safe sub 40mph, it feels alive and on its tip toes, most Ferrari which have come after have lost. 750S boast 765 LT short gearing and lots of other tweaks to the chassis to make it a more fun and engaging car, still doubt it will be as good as 600 LT and miles behind the 458. 20 years ago I had zero regard for speed limits, but now having got older and wiser I respect speed limits more and am also very aware of the dangers also, even when conditions permit to do big speeds there is always the risk your gonna get snapped by a camera somewhere.

Be interesting to hear your thoughts in person on the car but for myself personally it looks big and could be a numb drive, plus at £400,000 for a none special edition car it seems like a depreciation sledge hammer potentially, buy yours an Alfa Romeo GT Junior, drop a Twin Spark 250HP motor in it and you will understand what motoring nevana is, just have some good recovery subscriptions. :D

Last edited:

Dup

Dup

Soldato
I have no horse in this race but I can't get away from it looking like one of the made up supercars in GTA, which I don't think is a bad thing. From the renders the yellow is definitely the way to go.

Back
Top Bottom