Counter-Strike Global Offensive (CSGO)

Soldato
Why to play with such resolution? Guys here wrote that all this resolution and aspect ratio - all need to be confident and helps you http://csgopedia.com/best-resolution-for-cs-go/

Use that one which is better for you
Was used to it from the good old days of CS 1.6 etc. Old habits and all that!

So that's why I've made the jump to 1440p - kind of getting used to it now.

V F

V F

Soldato
I've been playing at 6400dp 1.5 in game for years. dont know how people use 800/1-2 it sooo slow

:eek:

I thought anything above 2000 was too twitchy for me. You'll be a wrist mover with that DPI. Even in Quake Champions I've played with 300 - 450dpi.

Soldato
I would have thought you would always be quicker with a higher dpi though (within reason of course) once you are used to it. Less movement?

I think I'm somewhere around 4000dpi at 1440p. once you get used to it, you're definitely quicker than most on pubs.

Associate
I play with 600 @ 1.25 now.

Counter Strike really isn't about turning speed, if you aren't facing the right way when you engage you have already set yourself up to fail.

Lower sensitivity makes recoil control and aiming so much easier, its hard to explain but my HS ratio was up like 300% after a couple of hours.

Associate
if you suddenly need to spin 180, do you have to move your whole arm?
Yep a 180 turn is pretty much one swipe across my mousepad (I use a QCK XXL) - just goes to show how it's all muscle memory and what people are used to.

Personally, I find anything above 1.8 @ 400 really hard to control - especially when using micro-movements to adjust my aim, i.e. from pit to A on D2.

V F

V F

Soldato
Yep a 180 turn is pretty much one swipe across my mousepad (I use a QCK XXL) - just goes to show how it's all muscle memory and what people are used to.

Personally, I find anything above 1.8 @ 400 really hard to control - especially when using micro-movements to adjust my aim, i.e. from pit to A on D2.

It happens so quickly though and lands where you want it.

Caporegime
I just max everything out at 1920 x 1080 with V-Sync set to double as triple buffering causes so many problems for my old GTX 470.

turn buffering off.

think about what a buffer is. it's loading in info in advance. so your game is always running a few frames behing. so when you see someone on screen they already seen you beforehand and have fired and your dead before you even pull the trigger.

Soldato
So Gambit buys multiple AK vs pistol on second round. I thought that was supposed to be a stupid thing to do, turns out yea its a stupid thing to do (especially on train?). So if Gambit dont have the smart thinking advantage, they'll lose ?

F12B3DA72D9E5CCE0F36769B0378186F0BDBAAE3

I've been playing at 6400dp 1.5 in game for years. dont know how people use 800/1-2 it sooo slow

The answer why high sens feels best is convenience, I agree the high sens is best especially on most setups with the mouse placed next to a keyboard. Easy movement and why make things any harder.
Problem is CSGO rewards headshot massively so its not speed as much accuracy.
So you need to switch up your desktop sens on the mouse and use a separate in game movement and it wont relate to anything else. Gets some getting used to, some find it takes at least one game to switch on each day :D

Last edited:
Associate
The answer why high sens feels best is convenience, I agree the high sens is best especially on most setups with the mouse placed next to a keyboard. Easy movement and why make things any harder.
Problem is CSGO rewards headshot massively so its not speed as much accuracy.
So you need to switch up your desktop sens on the mouse and use a separate in game movement and it wont relate to anything else. Gets some getting used to, some find it takes at least one game to switch on each day :D

I mainly played combat surf on cs:s, probably spent about 1k hours in surf or more, where having a high sens makes it super easy to spin in the air at high speed (720deg in few inch). a lot of people use turn binds but I don't like them :p

Played 3200 0.75 for about 10 minutes, and jeeze its so slow, but movement looks super smooth. after those 10 mins it took me a while to get used to my original sens again.

Caporegime
i like high sensitivity but yeah when you have a split second to line up a shot it's hard to get it bang on target.

playing with randoms isn't fun. anyone play this regularly in the evenings? i normally jump on for a couple of games here and there then play PUBG with my mates. none of them interested in CS GO

Associate
I mainly played combat surf on cs:s, probably spent about 1k hours in surf or more, where having a high sens makes it super easy to spin in the air at high speed (720deg in few inch). a lot of people use turn binds but I don't like them :p

Played 3200 0.75 for about 10 minutes, and jeeze its so slow, but movement looks super smooth. after those 10 mins it took me a while to get used to my original sens again.

Give it a proper try you may like it. Firstly I think you need a decent size pad. QCK+ (45cm) min. Try lower for a week or so before switching back. Allow the muscles to adapt and see what you think. I've played with 60cm/360 (1.72@ 400dpi) for years and switching to a low sense completely stepped up my enjoyment of gaming. I have been lower on cs (1.3 and 1.48/ 70cm/80cm 360) and while these were great for CS I play so many other games that I need something which I can use across all games I play. Lowering the sens can add accuracy to a point, but its something you'll have to monitor in stats to see if you benefit, no point in lowering it too far if it's not reflected in increased accuracy %. You obviously trade awareness and movement for aim up to a degree, something that isn't as important in CS but can hinder you in other games that are more dynamic. Most people however hold themselves back thinking higher is better (every new player that has gone on to low sens has been there). But forget that a slow hit is better then a fast miss.

And just one final point if turning on people in CS is a concern then the problem lies elsewhere and not in your sensitivity. People should rarely be getting behind you in this game. And with practice 180s even at 1.5 400dpi should be fast and consistent.

iBSOD this wasn't really directed at you just turned in a to a ramble. XD

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom