The Division 2 - March 2019

Man of Honour
With the low quality textures and not great lighting model are they trying to avoid accusations of a graphics downgrade this time? it looks worse visually than TD1 to me.

Associate
Cant find the old division thread, installed this again tonight and within half an hour the game had frozen up my entire pc?
Seems others have reported this online as well, did anyone else have this issue? would deter me from buying version 2 if 1 is freezing up?

No other game i have does this, BF 1 & 5, Fortnite and others.

I have no problems at all,dont remember when i had anything like that,bar server lag which is not my pc problem.
Do you use DX12 by any chance? If yes,switch to DX11

Soldato
With the low quality textures and not great lighting model are they trying to avoid accusations of a graphics downgrade this time? it looks worse visually than TD1 to me.

Logically you'd think they learnt their lesson. Sadly, it's common practise these days for such dirty tactics. So I'm 100% expecting a huge downgrade over the released videos.

However, I still didn't hold a grudge against the first as at times, it was jaw dropping, mainly for the atmosphere more than anything. I'll be getting this, but like the first, very unlikely I'll play it past Lv15 or so.

Man of Honour
Logically you'd think they learnt their lesson. Sadly, it's common practise these days for such dirty tactics. So I'm 100% expecting a huge downgrade over the released videos.

However, I still didn't hold a grudge against the first as at times, it was jaw dropping, mainly for the atmosphere more than anything. I'll be getting this, but like the first, very unlikely I'll play it past Lv15 or so.

Personally the only thing that really breaks the immersion for me visually with TD1 is the smoke/steam and some volumetric weather effects - they'd have been vastly improved with the use of a physics engine. Some of the glass effects could have been improved but mostly they are good enough.

Soldato
All the years ubi released massively polished trailers and people whined the game wasn't the same. Now ubi releases a realistic quality trailer and everyone says its not good enough :p

Stuff it I'll probably preorder. Plays similar to td1 (I believe) so I'll get my moneys worth.

Soldato
Heh - maybe it is because it is still a work in progress but many of the textures are a noticeable lower quality than what I get ingame with TD1.
Yeah I jest a bit but yes you're right still a way off till release. I'd expect more promo material to start coming forward now and don't the alpha ndr agreements expire too so media can get on and hype/crit.

Soldato
All the years ubi released massively polished trailers and people whined the game wasn't the same. Now ubi releases a realistic quality trailer and everyone says its not good enough :p

Stuff it I'll probably preorder. Plays similar to td1 (I believe) so I'll get my moneys worth.

Yep. TD1 is a great game. Spent few dozens hours only on survival mode alone. And is the only AAA shooter title enjoyed since Bad Company 2 back in 2010.

Shame need to wait to buy mine with the RVII, so no beta :(

Edit : Ehm. Seems while I was away on holidays missed the invitation for the technical Alpha in December :/ Just found it on the second email account I have registered uplay

Last edited:
Underboss
TD1 is my third most played game, will probably pick this up as even though the story was short it was good fun.

The grind fest...continues

Caporegime
Joke that it is a private beta..... How about giving access to the ones that bought the first and dlc + sank hundreds/thousands of hours into it i.e. the ones that kept the first game from being a complete and utter flop........

Associate
Joke that it is a private beta..... How about giving access to the ones that bought the first and dlc + sank hundreds/thousands of hours into it i.e. the ones that kept the first game from being a complete and utter flop........
tbh, a lot of people who bought the original quit the game shortly after release because there was no end game.

Also, it was Ubisoft who "kept the first game from being a complete and utter flop". They could have given up on it but they supported the game after release and delivered a great game in the end.

Back
Top Bottom