The Division 2 - March 2019

Soldato
I posted this in thw Windows and Other Software forum, but it can't hurt to post it here too.

Apparently people have had success fixing the crashing issue in The Division 2 by setting EasyAntiCheat to only run on a single core. This can only be done via Task Manager once the program is running, I've set it to just use core 11 but it reverts back to using all cores on a system reboot/restart. So does anyone know if there's a way to set the affinity for EAC and have it stick after a restart/reboot on Windows 11? I don't want to install a piece of 3rd party software, so that's not an option and setting a shortcut to EAC with a command line switch enabled isn't an option either as EAC starts automatically with The Division 2.

Thanks.

Soldato
I've returned with TU15, only to find the game extremely crashy. At this point it is more or less in the same state Payday2 is, with layers and layers of updates piled on. Every session or two I get crash that involves the game dropping to a windowed state and hard locking. Seems to be a common issue with no real fix other than to restart and pray.

Heartbreaker gear is nice but just doesn't come close to my Providence/Vigilence DPS (all red) build. I died a lot more with Heartbreaker, even though most of my gear pieces have armour on them. I just couldn't do well with it though I can see it is a fun build for non Heroic difficulty imo.

Soldato
Every session or two I get crash that involves the game dropping to a windowed state and hard locking. Seems to be a common issue with no real fix other than to restart and pray.

Yep, it's been going on for a couple of years and all Massive/UbiSoft do is post copy n'n paste replies saying 'we're investigating the issue'. I get this, the game drops to windowed and freezes requiring you to open Task Manager to end the process as it's "Not Responding". This what you get too?

Y6Zpf6sh.png.jpg

What's really irritating is the fact that sometimes you can play for hours on end without a crash, and then other sessions it can crash constantly.

Soldato
Yep, it's been going on for a couple of years and all Massive/UbiSoft do is post copy n'n paste replies saying 'we're investigating the issue'. I get this, the game drops to windowed and freezes requiring you to open Task Manager to end the process as it's "Not Responding". This what you get too?

Y6Zpf6sh.png.jpg

What's really irritating is the fact that sometimes you can play for hours on end without a crash, and then other sessions it can crash constantly.
Exactly what I get. Often when I look in task manager, the process is eating. About 8-9gb of ram too.

I saw this issue mentioned a few times on Reddit too. Normally the game in the past has been rock solid stable. I stopped playing around the time the Faye Lau manhunt began.

Last night my friends and I did the league and reached 40/60 easily enough. I didn’t have a single crash but a friend did and it was this window crash.

Edit: am on a bumpy bus. Sorry for mistakes.

Soldato
@Kainz navigate to your This PC > Documents > My Games > Tom Clancy's The Division 2 folder and delete everything inside of both the 'ShaderByteCode' and 'ShaderCache' folders.

I have had two days of crash free gaming now after doing that.

Soldato
@Kainz navigate to your This PC > Documents > My Games > Tom Clancy's The Division 2 folder and delete everything inside of both the 'ShaderByteCode' and 'ShaderCache' folders.

I have had two days of crash free gaming now after doing that.
Roger. Doing it now. I'll be on for a bit tonight I think so I'll report back on any issues.
Cheers.

Edit: lol I had this post saved from reddit that suggests the same thing, which I was going to do over the weekend.

Soldato
Urgh, now more issues since the last update hit. A common reported issue as of late is the game taking absolutely ages to start up, and then connect to Ubisoft Online Services. Apparently Easy Anti-Cheat is to blame here.

It becomes a nightmare when the game crashes and you're dying to get back in but it takes forever.

Soldato
Urgh, now more issues since the last update hit. A common reported issue as of late is the game taking absolutely ages to start up, and then connect to Ubisoft Online Services. Apparently Easy Anti-Cheat is to blame here.

It becomes a nightmare when the game crashes and you're dying to get back in but it takes forever.
I've not had too many issues with crashing, since I enabled DX12.

Startup has a slight pause when the games engine logo appears.

Soldato
Yep, before the latest update the game used to go from hitting play on the launcher to standing in the White House in about a minute, timed it the other day and it took 3m51s. That coupled with the constant random crashes makes it nigh on unplayable.

Soldato
I've not played this for months, used to be utterly hooked on it but then I retired (in real life :) ) from the fire service and a month later was headhunted by an organisation and found myself back in full time employment. So much for retiring!

Anyway, stopped playing about January this year - what's been updated since then? Cheers.

Soldato
I've not played this for months, used to be utterly hooked on it but then I retired (in real life :) ) from the fire service and a month later was headhunted by an organisation and found myself back in full time employment. So much for retiring!

Anyway, stopped playing about January this year - what's been updated since then? Cheers.
Not a lot. There is a new expertise system which upgrades/levels up gear for a new grind. Its pretty good but without any new content there isn't much reason to use the new expertise system. Apart from the new season which I am not sure really counts as new content, the only new content so far has been the nuclear power plant Invasion which takes around 15min to do. Its a good place to grind gear for expertise and you earn a new currency playing it for a new store. There are a few new unique items a new gear set and a new brand set.

V F

V F

Soldato

Their team has been stripped to the bare. A lot of intern programmers with TU15.

Soldato
Not a lot. There is a new expertise system which upgrades/levels up gear for a new grind. Its pretty good but without any new content there isn't much reason to use the new expertise system. Apart from the new season which I am not sure really counts as new content, the only new content so far has been the nuclear power plant Invasion which takes around 15min to do. Its a good place to grind gear for expertise and you earn a new currency playing it for a new store. There are a few new unique items a new gear set and a new brand set.
Cheers, appreciate the update!! Ta.

Soldato
We have some movement on Season 11.

Looks like 'The Division: Heartland' has been delayed but will still launch in 2023.

No news on The Division 3, I assume because Avatar, Star Wars and Heartland were all delayed.

Caporegime
We have some movement on Season 11.

Looks like 'The Division: Heartland' has been delayed but will still launch in 2023.

No news on The Division 3, I assume because Avatar, Star Wars and Heartland were all delayed.
In fairness Massive do have an awful lot on their plate just now, although I believe they’re just advising on Heartland which is being developed by Red Storm. I’d imagine there is pre-prod in D3 but they’ll be all hands to get Avatar out the door to try and get onto the coattails of the sequel release then moving people over to Star Wars to hopefully have something to show at one of the conventions later this year or early 2024.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom