*** The Division Thread 2.0 ***

Man of Honour
Had a go on this - forgot how much I hate the cover system on a PC game - "oh you wanted to take cover behind that? - cute I'm going to nudge you into the open just because", "yeah I know it looks like you have line of sight but your bullets aren't actually hitting that target", etc. etc. not even a consistent ability to double tap to mantle cover instead, etc. and then getting locked into cover inexplicably when you want to break cover unless you remember to roll out which always break it.

Associate
Not played this yet but is on my list. Free trial play coming up 14th to 17th September.
Not that it matters to you lot I suppose!
Should it make it easier to be matched with lower level players?

Caporegime
Had a go on this - forgot how much I hate the cover system on a PC game - "oh you wanted to take cover behind that? - cute I'm going to nudge you into the open just because", "yeah I know it looks like you have line of sight but your bullets aren't actually hitting that target", etc. etc. not even a consistent ability to double tap to mantle cover instead, etc. and then getting locked into cover inexplicably when you want to break cover unless you remember to roll out which always break it.
First thing I did was swapped round CTRL and Space. Whoever set that up as the default control scheme, CTRL to Mount and space for Cover deserves to be shot.

Soldato

Never had a problem with the cover system in this game tbh. Feels quite fluid once you are used to it. The 3rd person reticule snapping I have seen in other games as well, including PUBG.

Not played this yet but is on my list. Free trial play coming up 14th to 17th September.
Not that it matters to you lot I suppose!
Should it make it easier to be matched with lower level players?

It will do yeah. :)

First thing I did was swapped round CTRL and Space. Whoever set that up as the default control scheme, CTRL to Mount and space for Cover deserves to be shot.

Probably because your thumb naturally falls on it, and the game used to be allow for a lot of combat rolling.

Only things I changed were instant skill binds and deployable skill binds to avoid accidental shooting of heals on the ground in PVP, as I used to get stuck in that animation :(

Last edited:
Caporegime
I am not a fan of 3rd person shooters but for some odd reason, this just works for me. No issues going to and from cover here and one of my most played games in the last 10 years (not as much as @GAM8LE though :D )

Soldato
I am a bit obsessed. 2500 hours so far and still play for around 4 hours minimum most nights and more on the weekends.

Survival, Last stand and DZ is where my focus mainly is these days

Associate
Classified DeadEye any good? Hunter's faith is utterly useless still and needs serious work. Banshee is getting a complete overhaul again come 1.8, wonder if it'll be good.

3 October is a bit late and as I feared, October. We won't see 1.8 until mid November at the earliest I'm guessing - I want it now ha ha! Looking forward to west side piers assignments the most, and any other reworked stuff like survival and the underground. The new exotics not so much tbh unless the snipers are like the G28 or something (probably just an SVD and Mk17).

Also around that time I plan on being knee deep in the new Wolfenstein and assassin's creed origins.

For now I've done all I wanted to do until the next event so I'm dialling my playtime back a bit and continue with sniper elite 4 and the new standalone dishonored DLC (great atmosphere) and focus on a few work things.

Additionally, close after 5 October I'm getting a 8700K so I'll be doing fresh installs and the works, I do not, however, want to miss too much of the event but who could leave shiny new hardware lying around boxed eh :)

Last edited:
Associate
During an Amper stream Terry confirmed [for 1.8] the reworked Banshee for when in a group helping you get rid of your rogue timer and a reworked Hunter's Faith which he apparently found awesome with an M44...

Last edited:
Soldato
They didn't say exotic mg5 did they? I watched the same stream and didn't hear that. I love the Friday streams, Terry is epic

The weapon set are the two new mmr exotics which is sweet though.

Last edited:
Associate
They didn't say exotic mg5 did they? I watched the same stream and didn't hear that. I love the Friday streams, Terry is epic

The weapon set are the two new mmr exotics which is sweet though.

Not verbatim but the hint was extremely obvious (my above phrasing, however, wasn't :p ) I'm very happy they reworked HF! I only ran it once, 3/3 with Sentry, I believe, in 1.4?

The stream was cut off at 51 mins for some reason?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom