*** The Division Thread 2.0 ***

Man of Honour
Never managed to finish SS - if I even enter the last room the hostages just die right through shields dunno WTF. Done all the rest dozens of times.

Associate
Never managed to finish SS - if I even enter the last room the hostages just die right through shields dunno WTF. Done all the rest dozens of times.

We usually use a mobile cover on the back one, one d3 (both 9k build 6 pc classy)on each of the front 2, for the middle hostage, get right up to the fence & then back up to the hostage, i find it helps to be looking up & right slightly, for the front one not so sure, never done that one. my m8 said when he used to the back one he would position his shield so it was directly over the yellow cross on the floor in front of them.

Man of Honour
We usually use a mobile cover on the back one, one d3 (both 9k build 6 pc classy)on each of the front 2, for the middle hostage, get right up to the fence & then back up to the hostage, i find it helps to be looking up & right slightly, for the front one not so sure, never done that one. my m8 said when he used to the back one he would position his shield so it was directly over the yellow cross on the floor in front of them.

Doesn't matter what we do - every time so far I've been on a team when we get there the damage just goes through shields and hostages die - even when we can see the rounds pinging off our shields, etc.

Associate
Ideally the best shield for SS will be the 6 piece classy D3 set, done SS loads of times with that set and it's makes the end so much easier.

I usually run 6 piece sentry classy then switch to D3 for the very end. That combo works really well for me.

Soldato
Haven't been on for a while now but we've basically mastered the SS incursion.

Usually it is the middle hostage screwing up, the only fool-proof way to do it is to first look for the yellow cross on the ground, and pull out your shield and face the turrent, then step left until you're hugging the fence. And do not move once you're there, more often then not people fail because they moved to try and follow the turrent or whatever.

For Bobcat, ignore him at first and kill the shotties & heavy first, and when Bobcat is within ~15m, flash sticky -> pop tech (team start firing) -> shock nade.

Common mistake for bobcat is people start firing at popcat before it's CC'd, this way you'll likely to strip his armour and pop his blues. But if you strip his armor fast enough during the CC chain, he won't be able to use his blue.

Associate
Is there a division 2 coming at some point? Loved the first one, but had to take an extended break and I feel I’m probably so far behind. How easy/hard is it to ‘catch up’?

Man of Honour
As to catching up depends on how pro-active and/or whether you have friends to play with - its pretty easy to get upto speed if you've 2-3 other players who'll run stuff with you but solo it will take longer.

Man of Honour
Is it just me or is it very hard to play these new legendaries with anything other than skill builds or a good reclaimer in support? trying with my striker build which can breeze any other content in the game = moment I poke my head out (kind of hard to describe) it is like I'm taking several seconds worth of damage instantly like they were already shooting at me even though I can see the NPCs shooting another player in the team, etc.

The only loadout I have much luck with is a hybrid firecrest/tactician build that allows me to do a lot of damage while staying back and a good enough support station to scrape me off the floor :(

Soldato
I use this for Underground, Legendary Missions, Challenging Missions and Incursions.

Build as a whole: https://i.imgur.com/x1fMZwe.jpg

Abilities: Pulse Tactical Scanner/Recovery Link/ Sticky Bomb Flashbang

Chest:
4% All Resistance/6% EAD/49% Ammo Capacity//234FA Mod/193FA Mod + 4% DTE

Mask:
5% Health on Kill/12% DTE//255FA Mod +3009 Health

Knee Pads:
14,493 Health/28%Disorient Res/16% DTE/55% Kill XP//261FA Mod +3,175 Health/2% Pulse Crit Hit Chance

Backpack:
12,851 Health/16% Burn Res/263FA Mod +2,942 Health/5% Pulse Duration/2% Pulse Crit Hit DMG

Gloves:
12% Assault Rifle DMG/12% LMG DMG/9% Skill Haste

Holster:
21% Reload Speed/2% Pulse Crit Hit Chance

Weapon slot 1: Big Alejandro LMG// Talents: Self Preserved/Meticulous/Cover Shooter
Weapon Slot 2: G36 Enhanced// Talents: Capable/Brutal/Ferocious

Big Alejandro Mods:

Extended Magazine: 111% Mag Size/4% Crit Hit DMG/3% Crit Hit Chance
VX-1 Scope: 18.50% Headshot DMG/4% Crit Hit DMG/2.5% Crit Hit Chance
Large Muzzle: 17% Crit Hit DMG/5.5% Headshot DMG/4.5% Optimal Range

G36 Mods:

Extended Magazine: 112% Mag Size/4.5% Reload Speed/4% Crit Hit DMG
Russian Red Dot Sight: 16.50% Accuracy/4% Crit Hit DMG/2.5% Stability
Large Muzzle: 16.5% Headshot DMG/2% Accuracy/2.5% Stability
Small Grip Red: 17% Crit Hit DMG/4.5% Optimal Range/5% Reload Speed

Hope that's formatted OK and it helps :)

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Pretty similar to my setup only I've slightly more damage and slightly less health but not by much - once I hit 6K stamina I put the rest into damage output.

I've got the backpack rolled for stability over health which I might try changing up but 17.50% stability with The House as my primary makes for a pretty decent platform.

Back
Top Bottom