*** The Elder Scrolls 5 - Skyrim Official Thread ***

Caporegime
I tried to enchant some elven boots with fortify magicka but it wouldn't do it. It said I couldn't use this enchantment with that item. I could do something like resist fire on them but not a fortification. Any clues as to why?

Associate
Its getting to the stage now were I'm chasing the dragons, begining to think they are scared of ME :p.

I fired a couple of arrows in to one last night and he scarpered, what a wimp lol.

Regarding the "Soul Trap", what vendor do you go to exactly to get this? The mage in Dragonsearch dose not have it and a few vendors I have been to dont have it. Must be some were I have not been yet.

Any ideas??

Soldato
I did the quest last night and got The Black Star. I've just looked at an enchanting guide and it says this:

'Enchanting is very easy to train with the Black Star. Just enchant soul trap for 1 second on a weapon, trap the soul and reaload the weapon using the Black Star. Repeat.'

I don't really get it though, could someone please break it down for me as I don't understand what it's telling me to do.

Cheers

Caporegime
I'm not even sure how I trap the soul with black star. :S

The soul trap is an enchantment/spell that lasts for x seconds. If you kill a human within those x seconds their soul is automatically stored in a black soul gem or the black Azura's star. You then use it to enchant items or refill enchanted weapons. In the case of a black soul gem, it is destroyed in the process whereas Azura's star is just emptied ready to be used again.

Soldato
Does anyone think the dragons are too easy to kill in this? Whether it's because you're Dovahkiin and have an inherent advantage or not I don't know but the townsfolk are running round in total fear of the things. All it takes is a few fireballs and they're dead.

Turn the difficulty up :p

Indeed, dragons are not that easy if you are facing them on your own. They will scale though as you level and get notably harder.

If you are finding it easy to solo them then turn your difficulty up. If you are in groups or have a follower / companion then the early ones are easy.

Soldato
How do you fill standard Soul Gems, or are they one-use deals? I've collected a load of normal and petty ones, etc, but thought they had to be filled before I could recharge my weapons?

Soldato
Enchanting is going to be pretty sucky to level it seems, considering you can only learn enchants from enchanted weapons you find. I might just leave it completley.

Associate
It is probably not too bad if you actually decide to level it, I am sitting on 53 enchanting without trying, thats just from disenchanting random finds havn't been doing any actual enchants yet apart from 3 or 4 basic ones a while ago, I have a ton of crap soul gems in my house, I'll probably fill them tonight and see what I can get my enchanting up to when I try.

Caporegime
How do you fill standard Soul Gems, or are they one-use deals? I've collected a load of normal and petty ones, etc, but thought they had to be filled before I could recharge my weapons?

You do it using soul trap. But the difference with standard soul gems is that you can only capture creatures' souls. Not humans. You also have to have the right size. e.g. a petty soul gem will not hold a sabre cat soul. Likewise, if you fill a grand soul gem with a mud crab soul, it will be a waste.

Man of Honour
Wait, the black axuras star destroys upon use?

Nope, Azura's Star is a multi use Soul Gem, it'll never break.

You need to use the Soul Trap spell/enchantment on your enemies and then kill them before the spell wears off. If you have a soul gem in your inventory large enough to hold their soul, the soul gem will fill. You can then use the filled soul gem to either recharge your weapons to to enchant new ones.

Enchanting is going to be pretty sucky to level it seems, considering you can only learn enchants from enchanted weapons you find. I might just leave it completley.

Not really, I jumped up 16 levels in 20 minutes last night just by having a load of Iron Daggers and continually enchanting them with lesser/petty soul gems and an Absorb Health enchantment. If I had more soul gems I could have gone up 20 odd levels in no time.

Back
Top Bottom