The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim announced

Associate
skyrimultra.jpg

Woot!

haha I got that too :D

Looks amazing, getting few stutters though

Soldato
Gameplay wise I'm finding that keyboard/mouse combo is just as good if not better than using a 360 controller, but the UI is utterly horrific to navigate with kb/mouse yet super easy on a controller. Guess it's just the way it's designed but you'd think they'd have made some changes for the PC version.

Game seems really good though :D

Also, game is only using about 50% of my GPU according to MSI Afterburner, guessing a better driver is needed (AMD).

Permabanned
Also, game is only using about 50% of my GPU according to MSI Afterburner, guessing a better driver is needed (AMD).
It's doing the same with mine and that's using the new nvidia drivers for it. Oddly i've seen it go up into the 90's in indoor scenes when the auto talking is going on with the quest people but usually sits around 50-60% when running around outside. Surprising considering i'm using a crappy gtx460.

Soldato
Wow, the game is simply stunning on ultra high. Gonna have to do some tweaking in the morning as it is bringing my 6970 to its knees at points :D Think we need some better drivers. Hookup to TV tomorrow and wireless pad goodness.

Last edited:
Associate
Ahahahaha Oh I love elder scroll games. Performance is great for me @ ultra with a 5850, no stutters.

And guys.. all this complaining about the UI.. once you get used to navigating with wasd it's very easy & intuitive. Flicking between 1st & 3rd person is nice as well although I mainly play 1st person.

Associate
Why is mine trying to download 5GB worth of files when I have the disc in the drive??

Run the installer via the disk

Been playing the last 1 and half hours loving the game controls are fine (got them mapped same as oblivion). But sadly the UI SUCKS. Begging for a mod to change this in the next few days or will end up making my own.

No problems so far for me running Ultra 4 X AA 4 X AF on below spec in sig. I assume my gpu not getting hot as not heard fans lol. Had no stutters ect or slow downs. I even added the tweaks from http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18340074.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom