The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim announced

Permabanned
7 odd hours in and still not even level 5 :eek:

Just been having a look at the concept art for Daedric and Dragonbone armor and think i might restart again as a melee type, the mage robes so far look poop.

Suspended
Well, after 4 hours playing, I am able to form an opinion on Skyrim:

It's bloody brilliant.

I have only done a few of the quests and explored 1 dungeon. That was 4 hours of content, and I don't feel as though I have even scratched the surface of what it has to offer. I can see myself spending hundreds of hours on this game, trying to complete all of the quests, side quests, achievements, maxing out my skills and much more.

I am very impressed.

By the way, to give you an idea of how good this game is... I normally have a very good sense of time, but just now I looked at my phone, thinking it would be about 1.30am. It was 4.20am.

Last edited:
Associate
Creating my character now, one thing I will say is that this game has one hell of an awkward menu system. It seems to lock up for me a lot and is really unresponsive, quite frustrating when I've got to go through loads of options when creating my guy!

Associate
Really enjoying the game so far. Not sure why people prefer using the 360 controller, seems to be just fine with keyboard + mouse.
Still quite early in the story (I think) to be making overall conclusions about the game, but things seem to be looking up so far.

Soldato
I'll be getting this for Xmas. There maybe a patch out by then as well to take care of all the initial bugs.

Any idea how well it will run on my machine (sig)? I'm limited to 1360x768 due to my monitor/TV, which usually means I can whack all the detail settings up.

Soldato
Getting jealous reading this :) my tesco order despatched Weds but didn't arrive yesterday so should today. Unfortunately I have to work. Probably won't be home until 7pm. I'm also away this weekend so will only manage to install and play for an hour or two tonight.

What's performance like on lower end pcs? Everything I've read so far is talking about ultra on i5 2500k with a 6950. I've got to make do with a e7400 c2d and a 6670.

Associate
For those of you wondering if your graphics card will cut the mustard
I have a 1gb 4850 and playing at 1600x900 it plays fine on high settings

Oh also the game is EPIC!

Associate
5 hours 30 mins in and my opinion

I was a little dissapointed at first - with the graphics mostly.
I found its best to turn your brightness down I have mine on 1 click - then you get proper ambiance and its really dark where its supposed to be etc. This was the same for oblviov, too much brightness shows it up a bit and stops the lighting effects working etc

I think it looks best without the box for fade object... ticked, everything else maxed runs silly easy but needs an update for defiinate as there are weird anomolies where you get 40fps while your gpu is at 30% ?.

Its a big improvement over Oblivion in pretty much every area I can see atm - I am still getting used to the new interface and spells or weapons system - its growing on me and I can see why they have done it and hows its better

Long and short - simply stunning - keeping in key with Oblivion but taking it to the next level.
I think graphically there could be some huge improvements especailly after playing BF3 and Dragon Age 2 - however this game is more about how it feels to play and its awesome, 5 hours have dissapeared, my ass is numb but I couldnt care less.

The Music in a word - Amazing!

Associate
TESV%202011-11-11%2005-52-14-47.jpg

Man of Honour
My performance isn't amazingly great :(

Alt-tab breaks the game too, lol :p

And the menu sound is soooo quiet! Turned up the music, the soundtrack is stunning!

Also, is there meant to be an intro video after the Bethesda logo?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom