The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim announced

Associate
Guys, is this game fun, is it good? I've played games like Mass Effect 2 and Dragon Age, does the fun of those games compare?

The Elder of Scrolls games are in a league of there own. Loads more content than any mass effect game or dragon age also better quality. Elder of scrolls cater for the true rpg fan unlike mass effect and dragon age who cater for the casual rpg fan imo.

Caporegime
i decided to go conjurer after seeing one of the npcs conjour up some spectral wolf that looked bad ass.

the only thing i can do so far is raise the dead to fight for me though :D

works on everything i tried so far , humans and wolves :D

tried to kill butterfly earlier because i wanted to see if i could raise them to fight for me but it flew out of range to quick :(

Soldato
OMG HURRY UP PATCH! (Just got back from midnight launch - queue was bigger than expected) Also someone was already taking back MW3 as pre-owned...

Game just tried to set it to 'high' instead of 'ultra'... with a 480... Screw you game, I'm manually overriding with ultra.

kd

Last edited:
Associate
For people struggling with the UI the below helps a lot.

1.) Favorite an Item

2.) Hit Q

3.) Highlight item you want hotkeyed

4.) Press number (IE 1,2,3 etc)

Associate
For people struggling with the UI the below helps a lot.

1.) Favorite an Item

2.) Hit Q

3.) Highlight item you want hotkeyed

4.) Press number (IE 1,2,3 etc)

Except there seems to be a bug where a bow will lose the binding if you switch to a 2 handed weapon and then try to switch back. I had a 2 handed sword as '1' and bow as '2' but the bow would lose it's binding if I used the greatsword.

Minor issue though. The graphics are stunning, dont understand why some are trolling about them. bearing in mind there is probably around 100 square miles of them, I dont expect them to be Crysis standard.

Soldato
Wowza that theme is awesome, makes me really want to get this game. But I've got barely enough time to play BF3 nevermind another awesome game. Might wait til the price drops on this one.

Soldato
Ah hell - I had only 500mb left to download earlier on, now I've just restarted steam and it's back at only 1.7gb downloaded. Not a happy bunny, especially since the only reason I'm awake is that I have a stinking cold and can't sleep. Skyrim was going to help me through the night :)

Soldato
Guys, is this game fun, is it good? I've played games like Mass Effect 2 and Dragon Age, does the fun of those games compare?

In my view, any pc gamer should have an Elder Scrolls game they are that good...it has more content than both of those games and also the world is way more free roaming.There's many ways to play them too and tons of mods.(the scenery is great, dungeons nicely designed, chars make the world seem lively i can go on but put it this way the metascores for these games are always high too which says a lot)

To be honest i be extremely surprised if you do not like it as any rpg fan i know absolutely love them.

Soldato
Well my character is an orc male whos pretty much destroying anything stood in front of him so far. Seems very easy compared to oblivion and morrowind on the default difficulty so I'll be raising it tomorrow when I rebuild my PC with my new graphics card (3gb 580gtx, kinky upgrade!).

Caporegime
It does seem VERY easy so far, which is a change from Oblivion which, meh, I always seemed to go to the wrong place all the time and find something that would make me cry a lot. Honestly I just couldn't get on with Oblivion at all, in any way, this is a much smoother entry into the game, still don't really enjoy melee combat, bow's seem to do some real damage straight off, not massive but enough and magic is fairly usable straight away as well.

Main thing I'm not liking is moving, I feel like I'm gliding everywhere.

Is everyone actually going into the options from the launcher and enabling the REALLY high settings, because every time I open it it says its set it to ultra high settings but if you hit the options and advanced, theres a few things that can be set higher and AF is set to disabled with AA x4, with the other type of AA turned off.

Its running smooth for me with all the option options enabled, though I went with fxaa rather than normal AA, will try it the other way around and see what performance is like tomorrow.

Soldato
Well my character is an orc male whos pretty much destroying anything stood in front of him so far. Seems very easy compared to oblivion and morrowind on the default difficulty so I'll be raising it tomorrow when I rebuild my PC with my new graphics card (3gb 580gtx, kinky upgrade!).

The enemies are still pretty weak in comparison to your level, but there are areas in the game that you can wander into where you will get completely destoryed by much stronger enemies (well early on atleast), I think these areas are located in out of the way places such as mountain regions etc.

Soldato
I managed to fail slightly right at the beginning, didn't listen to the instructions properly. Seems to have a couple of small niggles, but frankly nothing majorly wrong in the game.

It's absolutely staggeringly beautiful, in parts. I find it nice to be able to absorb the visuals compared to BF3, where you're kind of rushing around so much you can't really...

Went with a female Breton myself :) (as per norm)

kd

Last edited:
Soldato
I was suprised that my mediocre PC was good enough for ultra high settings.

The world looks incredible, but the music tops that by far.

Not sure about the American accents that some characters seem to have, but I'll get used to it I suppose.

Shame I have work for the next 3 days, looking forward to getting truly stuck into it.

Back
Top Bottom