The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim announced

Most shops dispatched the game on Wednesday so with normal post it could have arrived yesterday (a lot did) should have arrived today (again a lot did) will be late tomorrow (hopefully mine and yours) and then theres the chance of it being lost...

It is not the shops fault. Blame falls squarely with the Royal Mail.

Was yours from the online shop that supposedly sells games simply?

Me neither.

Urgh me to. Just checked the post and nothing else has been delivered today but the rest of these posts aren't filling me with much confidence. :(

That said if anyone did received their games today from said company they will probably be too busy to post as they are too busy playing!

I really hope this game get's better as you go on, played for an hour and so far I'm not impressed. Performance is great compared to Oblivions release but the graphics are barely any better. The gameplay is pretty much the same apart from the annoying inventory, all in all a pretty meh purchase.

Smooth as butter. However after playing "The Dark Messiah" I always thought Oblivion's melee combat was slightly lacking something (cannot put my finger on it) and I think the same about skyrim. Fighting groups of people with a sword in Dark Messiah just felt so badass.

I loved Dark Messiah, basically a linear version of Oblivion, but the combat was just amazing! Not sure why others in the RPG market haven't took on it's mechanics

I really hope this game get's better as you go on, played for an hour and so far I'm not impressed. Performance is great compared to Oblivions release but the graphics are barely any better. The gameplay is pretty much the same apart from the annoying inventory, all in all a pretty meh purchase.

I very much doubt you will enjoy it, the ES games have always been more about the sheer level of depth put into the world and the freedom that gives the player, rather than cutting edge OMG my gfx card blew up graphics.

I really hope this game get's better & better as you go on, played for an hour and so far I'm blown away. Performance is great compared to Oblivions & the graphics are vastly improved. The gameplay is what you expect from TES apart from the slightly annoying inventory, all in all goty canditate?

Fixed your post for you:D

Seriously though, how can you not be impressed? This is game is fantastic - maybe I'm easily pleased:P

hi,

ive just started playing this after downloading it on steam, its set me up on medium settings. sorry if this is a dumb question but how do i put it on ultra settings?

I have to admit I pay little attention to close up textures and models as I couldnt care less as long as the game overall looks nice I am not going to be picky. Plus I cant take my eyes off the stunning backdrops and landscapes in the distance and have an urge to climb every mountain.

What's a good race for a mage/melee hybrid? Imperial?

Pure offensive mage - Altmer
Pure defensve mage - Breton
Battlemage - Dunmer

Other races can still play as mages ofc, but those three get bonus spells at the start of the game, and buffs to their magic skills.

Dunmers have a 10 point destruction bonus along with weapons, High elves 5, Bretons 0, but Bretons have bonuses in every other magic school and spell resistance / spell absorption clickie are always useful to have.

Unfortunately the PC version of Skyrim suffers from receiving the attention it deserves around 20%, that doesn't make it a bad game just not as good (technically) as the people who will play on PC would like.

Did they take signs out of this? I'd like an Atronach Dunmer Battlemage.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom