The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - MODS & TWEAKS

As well as the large address aware program you need to do this:

BorisVorontsov said:
These setting for Skyrim help to increase memory usage (default game limit is 500-600 megabytes) and reduce ~5 seconds lags.

Open skyrim.ini and modify these values (they are and category may not exist at all, add new):
[Papyrus]
iMinMemoryPageSize=100000
iMaxMemoryPageSize=5000000
iMaxAllocatedMemoryBytes=1800000000

WARNING! Do not increase iMaxAllocatedMemoryBytes value, because memory fragmentation may cause the game to crash or freeze.

Been getting a lot of CTDs since addressing the 4GB Ram issue, think I will put it back as it was before! HAving to save every 5 mins just in case. Nothing worse than running across the map for 15 mins, reaching my objective and then having to do it all over again!

What mod does Skyrim need the most? Probably a UI mod.

skyriminterface0k8ej.jpg

And yet another run of texture packs that just look like someones gone mental on the sharpness filter :(

I know, it doesn't even look like they've bothered adding new textures, just massively over sharpened the existing ones.

I agree with most of that, although saying a picture is better than a list is not really true. How would I find which enchanted ring I want by a picture of a ring...if I'm carrying 5-10. Same with ingrediants.

Great post above about the UI.

It's terrible in skyrim, Bethesda really dropped the ball for the PC UI.

I hate the skill menu system, it's clunky & pointless - I'd prefer a straight normal "talent menu", the first time you open it it's - aww cool, skills , then after that it's just annoying.

What they should have done is had a quest at the start, where you enter a room like a planetarium, showing your skills like a star-map to introduce them - after that you just select them normally.

I know, it doesn't even look like they've bothered adding new textures, just massively over sharpened the existing ones.
~
because what they do is double the image size ,run the sharpen filter and save the file and call it hd...
they need to either redraw over the existing texture properly or replace them with a texture from one of those free texture websites.

i tried a super hires road texture but it just looked as bad as the default ones ingame

EDIT just test a pattern overlay in photoshop on a default texture and ended up with this
EqK0a.jpg

might mod my own textures :D

Last edited:
looks much better in photoshop than it does ingame :(

needs higher res textures but doubled the image size from 1024x1024 > 2048x2048 just gives a big blur that will look as bad but use twice as much memory to it needs someone with skills to redraw over the original textures
you can see the difference in screenshots though.(i only edited the road , bridge and rocks i couldnt be bothered to edit every texture as it would take me ages unless i could script it

LgX0Z.jpg
5krIP.jpg

btw the actual grass floor seems to be seperaed into grids so any high res texture mods are likely to be everything apart from the grass floor textures

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom