The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - MODS & TWEAKS

Soldato
You posted about it Reaper.. but no one noticed and then someone else posted about it again, which you comment on. :)

Thanks. :)
To bad though it wont work by putting the ENB files in the profile folder and run them that way, would made it easier (and in my opinion, made more sense if one using more then one profile and/or ENB) and less chance one forget to swap them around. :o

You can use 2 dll files at the same time by setting the proxy functions in enblocal.ini to true and renaming one of the dll files, then pointing proxylibrary= (also in enblocal.ini) to your renamed dll.

Soldato
I have an ENB and a few other mods through Nexus Mod Manager. With my setup it sometimes stays as low as 27fps, but hovers around 50-60. Any ideas to increase fps, AMD driver tweak for the game etc?

I expected more than 27 in some areas. Unless there's a performance based ENB?

Associate
What's the problem with RealClouds? I have it running, but can't say I notice any issues?

Just going by what I read, but some issues mentioned were flickering clouds, clouds taking several minutes to properly get running/dispersing, weird highlighting/edging around trees in certain weather conditions....

Soldato
@TheSwede, isn't the d3d9.dll same for both ENBoost and an ENB? What you could do before disabling mods for a vanilla profile, is remove the other enb files, I think enbhost.exe is the main executable for running an ENB.

Not quiet, I went by KingDazza's recommendation and used the S.T.E.P. guidelines in their ENBoost by Boris Vorontsov thread and it was suggested to change a couple things:

Code:
[GLOBAL] 
UsePatchSpeedhackWithoutGraphics=true 
UseDefferedRendering=false

[MEMORY]
ReservedMemorySizeMb=512

[ENGINE]
EnableVSync=true

That and some added changes to the memory patch in SKSE.ini file at Skyrim/Data/SKSE location, found in this thread: Skyrim Memory Patch 3.0 by sheson

And so far I had no problems, although it not been that many hours I spent with this ENBoost settings though, but atleast I didn't crash 5 times trying to leave Breezehome first time using the Nexus suggested ENBoost patch.. lol

In MO you can setup other executables to run (how it runs SKSE, or TESV.exe etc), if you were to create a script that renames enbhost.exe to something like enbhost.exe.bak and then let MO run this and then run SKSE to start the game, this would stop the ENB from loading, but keep the d3d9.dll to provide the ENBoost fix?

If that make's any sense?

As for this, right now it sound a bit like Latin for me but give me a couple weeks/months and I might figured out how to do scripts if I get that involved in the game, for now I can just manage the .ini files.. :o :p

Soldato
I've been reading about this and the ENBoost features are including in all ENB files since a very early release, which I why I said the two files are surely the same thing.

The features are added in with the ENB files we're all using now, so you're technically using ENBoost and an ENB. You can turn off the ENB features to stop running the visual side of things by setting the parameter in ENBlocal.ini.

Some other threads which might explain better:

http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/2020259-enboost-and-enb/
http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/1080763-enboost-with-enb-mod-how/

enblocal.ini = this for me:

[GLOBAL]
UsePatchSpeedhackWithoutGraphics=false
UseDefferedRendering=true
IgnoreCreationKit=true

[PERFORMANCE]
SpeedHack=true
EnableOcclusionCulling=true

Will be posting up another ENB review later, here's a sneaky preview!

Last edited:
Soldato
ThaReaperGuy - My bad, yes the d3d9.dll is the same, it is in the ENBlocal.ini that there been some changes. I misread your post, sorry about that. :o

Looking forward to hear what ENB you using there, that picture looks great !

Soldato
The Grim and Somber - Jyggalag Preset - Nexus

This preset is the original Somber Antique (Beta 199) updated to the current ENB binary and tweaked by myself. Jyggalag is the Daedric Prince of Order and the opposite of Sheogoarth, Prince of Madness and Creativity. I choose this prince because it is somewhat the opposite of the extreme visuals of Sheogorath yet the two share much of the same code. Somber Antique is also about bringing order out of chaos by its attempt to use extreme bloom values and bring them under control (although not always successfully). It is the original classic preset that started the Somber series so I thought one of the original Princes would be a great choice. Now, much like Jyggalag himself, Somber Antique has returned to roam the Void.

Verdict -

Much more friendly ENB from what The Grim and Somber have to offer, in comparison to Hiricine the dark shadows and bright colours are knocked down a touch leaving you with a nice softer palette of colour and lighter shadows. Performance hit is similar to Hiricine Preset and the likes of Real Vision, however this doesn't mean FPS is plummeted, I have been averaging between 40-60 FPS outdoors and a constant 60 FPS indoors or within cave systems, so performance hit is minimal when used with lots of textures and other mods.

Water sub-scattering still looks beautiful in this preset and works nicely with lakes and large stretches of water where a sunrise or sunset overlooks as you can see in some of my shots. Climates of Tamriel has been working without fault still, so can assume it's OK to use with these ENB's, this includes using Real Clouds with it. I find that the look of this is similar to some of the Seasons of Skyrim pre sets available, however this has less over saturated colours and deeper shadows to keep it that Grim which is creates perfectly.

I would highly recommend trying this ENB, it's beautiful to look at and will be one I shall be keeping for a while to come now. The name stays true throughout so expect darker than normal shadows & less colour in some areas but this make's Skyrim really shine.

Rating -

8/10 - Would be nice if the shadows in some areas weren't so dark, Falkreath for example with the large tree mod.

Associate
Has anyone tried prod80's new Tranquility enb yet? The gameplay performance version one is fantastic. If you prefer a realistic tone then match it with Pfuscher's 4k Parallax textures to get a nice quality/performance trade off. I've been using Project ENB for a while but this Tranquility raises the bar.

Associate
These are taken from prod80's Nexus page:
62884-5-1424391963.jpg

62884-3-1424391871.jpg

Associate
Running the gameplay performance enb with the suggested mods (plus around 100 others), 2k versions of the parallax textures and Sweetfx enabled produces visuals very close to these screenshots and nets me approx 55-60 fps outside consistently.

I run i5 3570k @ 4.2 and GTX 780ti

Back
Top Bottom