The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - MODS & TWEAKS

Soldato
Played about an hour. Seems really good. A lot to get used to though, as it is a long time since I played Skyrim.... Though I did play over 400 hours!

It looks quite good, but fps isn't great. I think it is the grass. I'll have to try and tweak that.

It is very linear so far.

Last edited:
Soldato
I just added vivid enb. The game looks amazing, and now runs at 60fps in the town that was dropping to sub 20!

Also, didn't realise this was directly related to Nehrim. Lots of references and links to it so far.

Edit- really in to it now. Very good.

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm at the main city in Enderal now. Really impressed, but it does seem a little empty. I hope they add some more life to the world when they add bits they say they are going to(i read they are in planning on guild quests!)

Really enjoying it. Reminds me of The Witcher a bit. The voice acting is very good too. One thing I'm not keen on though is the levelling mechanic, which is a step down from Skyrim imo, being based on books.

One or the best things about it is it is a lot more cinematic than skyrim, and it really works. Unfortunately that does make the game a bit more linear though.

Soldato
About 20 hours in to Enderal now. The story is excellent, and the cinematic style is great.

I don't think I could say that the game itself is better than Skyrim, as that is an unfair comment imo, but what I can say is that I am enjoying the story and side quests more, and if I had the option(well, I do)I would rather replay this than Skyrim!

Also I have some mods working with it fine, which is great.

Blown away by the quality. The world and lore they have created has so much detail and is really interesting. I have had one CTD so far, and no noticeable bugs

Associate
Guys quick question - is it correct that the Skyrim Special Edition will be treated as another completely separate game, so if I therefore wanted to mod my original Skyrim Legendary Edition they would have no impact on one another? (This is on Steam by the way)

Associate
Guys quick question - is it correct that the Skyrim Special Edition will be treated as another completely separate game, so if I therefore wanted to mod my original Skyrim Legendary Edition they would have no impact on one another? (This is on Steam by the way)

Not a clue but at a guess I'd say yes as the game will have a new engine etc so all new files.
So mod away :)

Associate
is there a release date for the SE? I just installed Skyrim but wont play it if the new one is due in a couple of weeks. Or could you just copy your saved game over to the new install?

Soldato
It is very Witcher-y in most ways. The main city really reminds me of Vizima form the first Witcher, crossed a bit with Baldur's Gate. In fact, it is one of the best cities I've seen in a rpg tbh. It is absolutely massive!
The tone and quality of the writing and lore is very reminiscent of The Witcher as well...though the main story itself is basically Mass Effect. The characters are really well written too.

I would actually say it is the best game I've played in a while!

Soldato
Anyone know of a nice ENB that doesn't make every interior and cave etc so dark you cant see a friggin thing? So I've tried RealVision, Seasons of Skyrim and Natural Lighting and Atmospherics.

Ta.

Back
Top Bottom