The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Remastered - MODS & TWEAKS

Soldato
Can you not get mods from steam for this?

Can only seemingly get them for the original version but when yo log into the game there's an option to go to Bethesda to get them? Been ages since I played this, feel well out of touch haha.

Soldato
Can you not get mods from steam for this?

Can only seemingly get them for the original version but when yo log into the game there's an option to go to Bethesda to get them? Been ages since I played this, feel well out of touch haha.

I believe Steam Workshop for skyrim is no more; at least for SSE anyway.

Soldato
So whilst the DOF effect in ENBs looks great, and far better than the built in DOF of SSE, it is simply too taxing. When walking uphill the DOF effect incurred by looking towards the ground rather than the horizon is taking a large chunk of my FPS.

So I've disabled the DOF in the ENB, and renabled the game's built in DOF. Is there any way to make the effect stronger so I can find a middle ground between the two? I have to admit, although it's to everyones' tastes, but I do like the blur effect when focusing in on close objects.

In case anyone else is interested, I found this:
https://www.reddit.com/r/skyrimmods/comments/5b0l46/annoyed_by_faraway_dof_blur_suddenly_switching/

The standard DOF is pretty good when tweaked and takes far less performance than bokeh or other ENB based DOFs. Doesn't look quite as photogenic, but it's still very good and I like how the far off terrain has a subtle blur most of the time now.

Soldato
I believe Steam Workshop for skyrim is no more; at least for SSE anyway.

Yeah, SSE uses Bethesda.net instead of Steam Workshop. The selection of mods is okay at present. Could be better. But at least it's simple, easy to navigate with a game pad, and can be accessed in-game.

Soldato
I had a look on bethseda and it's a complete guff range of add ons.

What is special about the new edition or could innot just play the old edition with mods and get a better experience?

Soldato
I had a look on bethseda and it's a complete guff range of add ons.

What is special about the new edition or could innot just play the old edition with mods and get a better experience?

Some more plants added here and there, they changed the water flow in certain places a very simple DoF and some god rays I've yet to see and some pretty sunrise and sunsets - and its supposedly more stable.

And thats about it. If you want lots of mods to play with stick with the old version, for now at least.

Last edited:
Soldato
Stability is probably the only reason to play it but only 4600 or so mods on Nexus compared to over 50000 for the standard edition. Whether most of those get converted to SSE or not remains to be seen.

I keep mine fairly vanilla with mostly just bug fixes and maybe a few graphic enhancers so SSE is good for me.
Just waiting on SKYUI as the one I use at the moment (http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/1970/?) isn't quite what I want

Soldato
Stability is probably the only reason to play it but only 4600 or so mods on Nexus compared to over 50000 for the standard edition. Whether most of those get converted to SSE or not remains to be seen.

I keep mine fairly vanilla with mostly just bug fixes and maybe a few graphic enhancers so SSE is good for me.
Just waiting on SKYUI as the one I use at the moment (http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/1970/?) isn't quite what I want

I've gone from normal Skyrim on GTX 660 SLI to SSE on a 980Ti and my FPS is only slightly better. I'm running 1440p over 1080p and more mods though :D

Soldato

I've gone from normal Skyrim on GTX 660 SLI to SSE on a 980Ti and my FPS is only slightly better. I'm running 1440p over 1080p and more mods though :D

I'm still hitting 30FPS in places, but the hold around Markarth looks amazing. I'll get some screens uploaded tonight.

Soldato
Need help! I'm getting a headache playing because of this... In the shadows, the contrast is fine, but out of the shadows, the image is so washed out it's making it hard for me to focus and I'm actually getting a headache :(

It's awful!

Is there ANYWAY I can tell the game to leave it at a standard palette in or out of shadows?

Out of shadow:
F6Y2UCI.png

In shadow:
TwpYC1P.png

It just feels... Hard to focus on, everything is slightly blurry and washed out. I'm half tempted to go back to the original Skyrim :(

Soldato
It's godrays, makes the game HORRIBLE looking, but obviously removes the desired actual god rays... Oh well... Need to determine which to keep :(

Have you tried disabling them? I don't mean turning them off in the Launcher that doesn't remove them completely I mean disabling them totally in SkyrimPrefs.ini

bVolumetricLightingEnable=0

I couldn't stand the brown haze effect it adds either. Still can't get a sharp image though its still too blurry for my taste.

Have you tried any reshade presets? The one I use that was recommended in the Septim guide gets rid of the blurryness. They have a few versions to match the lighting/weather mod you use.

I wasnt keen at first, but after using for a while I got used to it and now if I revert back to default it looks like a blurry mess.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/1089/?

Thanks that ENB is really nice.
n.b. if anyone is using a ReShader preset already just dial up Lumasharpen to 1.40

edit: someone has written a LumaSharpen module for ENB (no more blurry menus with ReShader + DoF) check out Boris's site's forums for more information. Works great.

Last edited:
Associate
Anyone got any good texture packs for SSE, I found the Skyrim 2k pack was good on the original but its not released for SSE

Soldato
Looking at pics and YT videos, why does everything still look so washed out?

I don't think I've ever found a mod or ENB that's really made me happy with Skyrim. I'm keen to give the SE a go but it needs to look a bit more special to be worth it IMO. If it can match the richness of TW (although obviously not the detail, that would be stupid to expect) then I'm bang up for it.

Back
Top Bottom