The Emirates FA Cup 3rd Round ** Spoilers ** [4th - 8th January 2024]

Just rewatched Newcastle’s game this morning with sober eyes. With a game like this coming at the time it has the result was the most important thing, which we got. There is press talk of a turning point or a springboard and I hope it is but on second watching I really don’t think we looked any better than we did against Liverpool tbh. I don’t want to sound all negative and I know you can only beat what is in front of you but I didn’t see many improvements, not many chances created and those that were fell to Longstaff to do his usual blaze over. Bruno absolutely ran the show and JL was walking through their midfield like they weren’t even there, probably because they weren’t. Difficult to see what Sunderland game plan was as they looked like they didn’t know what to do. It’ll be difficult to find another opponent that poor this season. The mid part of the game almost looked like a preseason friendly. They gifted us all three goals really although appreciate you have to be present and putting on that pressure to get them.

Great result though, great for the fans, nice run out for the players not having to bust a gut up and down the pitch constantly, hopefully can add some confidence. Onwards :)

It appears that Newcastle have donated all of the proceeds from ticket sales to SAFC. What a lovely gesture, least they could do after laying out the red carpet for the fans the way they did. Half a mil of “Saudi blood money” straight into the owners pocket to repay him for his generosity. How sweet.

Main points from yesterday. We smashed them. Fitness seems to be returning. Clean sheet and we got past the 3rd round of the FA cup for like the first time in 4 years!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom