The Emirates FA Cup Final Man City v Man Utd ** Spoilers ** [Saturday 25th May 2024 @ 3pm]

Soldato
I really like Poch. I get people's reservations though - but every manager has potential downsides.
Of course.

And there are a lot of changes, huge changes.

But ETH has not given anything for me to convince he "deserves" another season.

No confidence vote from me.

Soldato
Please back that up. Not just "because i said so". Poch has done nothing of note compared to ETH. That is in black and white statistically.
You seem very hung up on stats?

The Chelsea team he has now left, on principle, are in a hell of a better shape than when he took the job on.

Can you say the same re ETH?

Caporegime
You seem very hung up on stats?

The Chelsea team he has now left, on principle, are in a hell of a better shape than when he took the job on.

Can you say the same re ETH?
How? Man United players have tasted victory on winning a cup beating the best team in the world and now playing Europa League football next season. All with having 13 different CB partnerships and 30+ different back 4 combo's.

Chelsea had zero Europe this season and are going to be playing Europa Conference next season. One player Cole Palmer single handed pushed them across the line at the end of the season a whopping 3 points ahead of Man United.

Again please tell me how Poch is better please.

Poch has won absolutely nothing. Lost a league cup final and got battered in a Champions League final. That's it. Also bottled a Premier League to Leicester City.

ETH took Ajax to 3 consecutive titles, two of them league and cup doubles leaving with 70+% win rate, demolished a prime Real Madrid in the Champions league and rebuilt a team for the second time after losing key players. He made Ajax competitive in Europe again. He has since come to England and won two trophies in two years (3 cup finals) whilst being in a basket case of a club.

Last edited:
Soldato
How? Man United players have tasted victory on winning a cup beating the best team in the world and now playing Europa League football next season. All with having 13 different CB partnerships and 30+ different back 4 combo's.

Chelsea had zero Europe this season and are going to be playing Europa Conference next season. One player Cole Palmer single handed pushed them across the line at the end of the season a whopping 3 points ahead of Man United.

Poch has won absolutely nothing. Lost a league cup final and got battered in a Champions League final. That's it. Also bottled a Premier League to Leicester City.

ETH took Ajax to 3 consecutive titles, two of them league and cup doubles leaving with 70+% win rate, demolished a prime Real Madrid in the Champions league and rebuilt a team for the second time after losing key players. He has since come to England and won two trophies in two years whilst being in a basket case of a club.
Judging a manager and a team on cup performances is a mugs game, anything can happen (and usually does) in them. There's been zero progression in your league form, no stylistic change, most of the time you look utterly uncoached. Why do you think every single supporter of opposition teams would love it if you kept him for the last year of his contract?

How many managers have left Ajax and been successful elsewhere? 2 I think, LVG and Cruyff.

Last edited:
Soldato
How Man United players have tasted victory on winning a cup beating the best team in the world and now playing Europa League football next season. All with having 13 different CB partnerships and 30+ different back 4 combo's.

United were there or thereabouts.

This United team, well come on. Were on the verging of **** and well, the rest is clear for most sane folks.

Poch had a bigger job to do, and did it.

Look, it's ridiculous to even attempt to argue which is the better manager.

Again stats! luls

Back
Top Bottom