The England Cricket Thread

Associate
A full-strength team would have him in it imo.

A full strength team wouldn't need him!

I read his book recently (Christmas Present). I'll accept that a lot of it is true especially about the inefficient cricket hierarchy and the cliques within the dressing room but I think he made too many derogatory remarks about Strauss, Cook, Anderson and Broad (in Broad's case possibly deserved) to regain his place in the England Team.

I read into it that many of the England players were jealous of KP's ability and that he, and almost he alone, had been selected to play in the IPL?

However, the England dressing room put up with Geoffrey Boycott for years so one would suggest that a different dressing room should be able to put up with KP.

Soldato
The England team has started making forward strides for the first time in quite a few years. Bringing KP back would be a massive backwards step. The guy is past it and it's time to get over it.

Soldato
I still find it hard to accept why he can't be involved again, particularly when neither Ballance or Bell have done too much recently. Would be harsh on the former, mind.

Got my tickets for the Fifth Test in the post yesterday, felt weirdly giddy. Shame they cost a fortune...

Soldato
Ryan Harris has retired from cricket. Shame for him as he was brilliant last series over here. Too many injuries taking its toll.

Sad when the best players can't play, but our chances have just increased!

Caporegime
Batting first looks to be a good decision on such a good track and with the ever volatile and seemingly mentally fragile Mitch Johnson slinging them everywhere.

Lovely tache Dave.

God save your Queen!

Caporegime
Pretty poor drop from Brad Haddin with Root on 0, you'd expect him to do better with those. Didn't need to go one handed either, he over-dived.

Root 11 from 8 balls. Let's hope Root capitalises on the life line.

Back
Top Bottom