The England Cricket Thread

Soldato
Two down already and we've not even gone through an hour.

Another England collapse, once again demonstrating that we can have a few really good games, then get complacent and forget how to play a proper Test match. Or perhaps India just weren't playing to conditions and now that they are, they're on top. But we've so often seen England being their own worst enemy, playing at shots that should be left. As Manic111 says above, many batsmen these days lack the watchfulness and patience to excel at Test Cricket.

Also, they shouldn't have changed the team just to let Stokes in. His contribution has been pathetic. 10 runs, zero wickets in the first innings. Two wickets in the second, still yet to bat. Now both openers are gone and if Root goes, that'll begin the inevitable collapse, as it always does.

And to think that there was mention of a whitewash. How laughable!

Soldato
Well, these two have surprised me with their ability to play to the conditions. I was fully expecting a collapse, and it seems that for now they're steadying the ship. It was badly needed as well!

Soldato
It's free in today. All tickets are being refunded.

Estimating it'll all be over at 11.04.

Not too far off, all done by 11:11. Typical letdown by the England batsmen, falling apart twice in the 2nd innings, and after a terrible show in the 1st. They need to go back to the drawing board because something isn't working. Buttler, Stokes and Rashid were the only players that played the conditions properly.

Soldato
And that's that. 11.11.

Shame really, would have liked to see Rashid get his 50. I'd like to see the batting order be rejigged next match. Cook, ???, Root, Stokes, Buttler, Pope, Woakes, Rashid, Broad, Anderson, plus one other (Moeen at 7?).

Edit: In fact, scratch that, I'd rather see Cullen back than Moeen. Unless we want to try opening with Moeen again?

Soldato
Not too far off, all done by 11:11. Typical letdown by the England batsmen, falling apart twice in the 2nd innings, and after a terrible show in the 1st. They need to go back to the drawing board because something isn't working. Buttler, Stokes and Rashid were the only players that played the conditions properly.

In fairness, Woakes got an absolute snorter. Our top four was embarrassing though.

Cob

Cob

Soldato
So England win the toss and will bat. Ali and Curran in for Woakes and Pope. Stokes supposedly carrying a niggle and might not bowl much.

Sunny day so probably a good decision to bat first....

Back
Top Bottom