Poll: The EU Referendum: How Will You Vote? (April Poll)

Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the European Union or leave the European Union?

• Remain a member of the European Union

Votes: 452 45.0%
  • Leave the European Union

Votes: 553 55.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Yea but we now have people paying e.g. £800 for rent, but being denied a £600 per month mortgage because of these rules. Which is a bit silly.

Is this actually happening in the real world or is it just a hypothetical situation?

I remember being offered 5x my salary when I first took out a mortgage in 2006. Doing the maths, it was doable if I lived incredibly frugally and had no gaps in employment. However, it felt as if the bank was taking a big risk.

Soldato
Voting 'Leave', and I'm also doing my bit to help with the Leave campaign at weekends helping to man street stalls, giving out leaflets, etc.

I figure this is probably the most important political choice of our lifetime, and I want to make sure I've done my part so I can look back in the future (whichever way it goes) and take pride in that at least I participated and tried to do something about it.

Soldato
British taxpayers face £1.8BILLION bill to help Turkey join the EU

TURKEY and a string of Balkan states will be given a £1.8BILLION boost from the British taxpayer to prepare them to join the European Union (EU), anti-Brussels campaigners warned last night.

Research from the Vote Leave pressure group forecast the Government is to hand over around £1.2billion by 2020 on a series of "pre-accession" programmes for potential new EU member states including Albania, Macedonia, Montenegro and Serbia.

And that cash comes on top of £640million contributed by the UK to a Brussels deal with Turkey to tackle the European migrant crisis and smooth the path to Turkish membership of the EU.

Supporters of the campaign to quit the EU last night warned the only way to save cash was for the country to vote to cut ties with Brussels in the in-or-out referendum on June 23.

And they pointed out that the £170million cost of the "accession" programmes was equivalent to half the annual bill for the NHS's Cancer Care Drugs Fund.

Former Tory Cabinet minister Iain Duncan Smith said: "The Home Secretary was right to warn that allowing Albania, Serbia and Turkey into the EU could undermine our security.

The Home Secretary was right to warn that allowing Albania, Serbia and Turkey into the EU could undermine our security
Iain Duncan Smith
"Letting them into Europe's open border policy will make it harder for us to stop criminals and terrorists from these countries coming to the UK.

"Despite these warnings, the UK Government has agreed to send them a staggering £2billion of UK taxpayer's money to help them join the EU as quickly as possible.

"This is a waste of our money and worse - it’s dangerous because it will make us less safe.

Turkish EU membership would eventually mean 77million Turks getting free-movement rights to live and work anywhere in the EU, including the UK.
Source

Soldato
Yo. Britain can veto any potential new member. ;)

Nice article tho, reminds me of the 29 MILLION BULGARIANS AND ROMANIANS THAT INVADED since Jan 2014.

V F

V F

Soldato
Voting 'Leave', and I'm also doing my bit to help with the Leave campaign at weekends helping to man street stalls, giving out leaflets, etc.

I figure this is probably the most important political choice of our lifetime, and I want to make sure I've done my part so I can look back in the future (whichever way it goes) and take pride in that at least I participated and tried to do something about it.

https://youtu.be/krt9uNg2Y9c?t=2m30s

Caporegime
I would love to agree with you but I really think that it will be in the mid 30s when it actually comes down to it.
This is what might swing it for the 'leave' camp as voter apathy I'm thinking is more prevalent in the 'remain' camp.
I have no data to back any of this up though so it's entirely opinion and of no real value.

I agree with that, the people I know who want to vote out absolutely will vote.

Soldato
This is what might swing it for the 'leave' camp as voter apathy I'm thinking is more prevalent in the 'remain' camp.
I have no data to back any of this up though so it's entirely opinion and of no real value.

Here's something to back up your views ;)

Not surprising that leavers are more inclined to actually go and vote on the day. From what I've seen leavers are more passionate, know the arguments better and have done a lot more research rather than just relying on the headlines. Queue the roasting from datalol, Moses and the remain crew.... :D

Soldato
No, what it's done is publish an opinion piece supporting Brexit; this is not the same as the paper taking an official stance. Most of the FT's coverage seems to me to have a distinct Bremain slant.

All articles are opinion pieces! However newspapers tend to show some bias and not allow articles opposing that. This is an article in support of Brexit in the FT. It can definitely not be called a remain supporting paper. At best neutral.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom