Poll: The EU Referendum: How Will You Vote? (June Poll)

Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the European Union or leave the European Union?

• Remain a member of the European Union

Votes: 794 45.1%
  • Leave the European Union

Votes: 965 54.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
Regarding the poll on this thread: has anyone else noticed that the longer the thread stays open, the more it swings back towards Remain? It was on about 39%-61% and now it's at 42%-58%. I noticed the same thing on the last few threads.

Does it mean anything? Is it just regression to the mean? I'm not sure how to interpret it or if there's really any interpretation to be had.

Yes I've noticed that. I think it's just that Leave voters care more about this issues and will therefore tend to vote earlier in the thread.

Soldato
Regarding the poll on this thread: has anyone else noticed that the longer the thread stays open, the more it swings back towards Remain? It was on about 39%-61% and now it's at 42%-58%. I noticed the same thing on the last few threads.

Does it mean anything? Is it just regression to the mean? I'm not sure how to interpret it or if there's really any interpretation to be had.

Yep, I've noticed that too.

My take is that leavers are much more motivated/sure of their decision, so get their votes in quick, whilst remainers are (generally...) a bit less motivated/so sure which way they will vote (and i'm not saying that applies to you :p)

Soldato

My take is that leavers are much more motivated/sure of their decision, so get their votes in quick, whilst remainers are (generally...) a bit less motivated/so sure which way they will vote (and i'm not saying that applies to you :p)

Or, that remainers have decided to digest all of the available information before making a decision.

Which would also indicate that in the external polls, the undecided are more likely to vote remain on the day.

We shall see.

Soldato
The belief that one side is an uneducated mess is outright insulting.

Very much a generalisation than a belief I think. There are a few of those survey things knocking about that try to put you into the leave or remain camp based on your lifestyle and education etc. They're usually spot on but there will always be exceptions to the rule.

Soldato
I don't think any of the politicians on either side of the campaign deserve to be in office, it should have been completely neutral from the beginning.The whole thing has been absolutely shocking.
Cameron could well go down in history as the man who kept Scotland, lost the EU, and then lost Scotland...

Caporegime

He's right. The EU parliament was introduced as a compromise moving the EU towards having much fairer representation while still accepting the concerns of smaller EU nations had/have about being overwhelmed by the larger nations. As always, it's a compromise between democracy and sovereignty. Smaller nations don't want to lose their sovereignty either.

I suppose he could be considered right on a semantic level, that by attempting to protect smaller states you're discriminating against larger ones, but digressive proportionality is merely intended to protect smaller states from being under represented, not to actively discriminate against the larger states.

Soldato

Remainers are slow.

Soldato

Or people are just bored of polls. I haven't voted since the 1st one. :p

Soldato
We won't go down the EFTA route, as we'd have to allow free movement (which everyone thinks is a problem, even though it really isn't) and would be (imo) the best outcome from a leave vote.

Don't be so sure. MPs have already suggested they will use their majority to keep us in the single market and this is likely to be the only feasible way. The other option I see likely is the WTO option and then work our way up to a agreement when it has all cooled down in a few years which is likely to have a bigger impact on our economy.

Or, that remainers have decided to digest all of the available information before making a decision.

I wouldn't put so much faith in the general population. ;) It seems likely to me, those less interested in the topic are more likely to vote remain.

Soldato
Osbourne threatens to make more cuts and break election pledges, whilst Geldof gets sprayed with a hose on a boat. Hell of a campaigning day

Yup, mirrors what general perception that low turnout would be good for leave, as leave voters are more motivated.

Associate
Leave's Brexit Plan

5 points? bwahahah

If i made a business plan with 5 points when trying to form a new business, I would be laughed out of most rooms.

THIS is a plan. It's 670 pages long, it's thorough, it's detailed, it addresses concerns, it includes forecasts, it's credible. This is for the Scottish Independence.

Anyone?

Caporegime
I haven't bothered to vote in this poll as to achieves nothing. And it'll be lol if not voting makes the Brexiteers more confident and then they lose.

What if it's most likely there would actually be less money to spend, so there'd have to be cuts or tax raises? Is it unreasonable to point that out?

It's just a threat to make people worry and vote remain.

Soldato
Leave's Brexit Plan

5 points? bwahahah

If i made a business plan with 5 points when trying to form a new business, I would be laughed out of most rooms.

THIS is a plan. It's 670 pages long, it's thorough, it's detailed, it addresses concerns, it includes forecasts, it's credible. This is for the Scottish Independence.

Anyone?

The SNP produced that plan because they were going to become the government in the event of an out vote.

This referendum won't bring about a change in government, you'll need an election for that - which may well happen tbf

Soldato

Which would also indicate that in the external polls, the undecided are more likely to vote remain on the day.

We shall see.

Maybe...albeit Euroscepticism is a very well established concept, and many have been strongly opposed to what the EU stands for 40+ years. You definitely don't get that much passion/motivation from the remain side.

I do agree though that people who are still undecided are more likely to vote to remain on the day, not that I'm excusing that kind of decision making process (as per Mr Jack's sig).

Caporegime
Leave's Brexit Plan

5 points? bwahahah

Anyone?

The Leave campaign were denied access to government resources thereby making production of such a report all but impossible.

Also 670 pages of irrelevance since they lost the referendum (lol).

Soldato
I had the misfortune to see one of 'Vote Leave' campaign ads before the football last night on the BBC and the clip claims that if we vote to leave Britain will gain £350m a week to spend on the NHS, cue split screen (stay) showing long waits no one speaking etc, with (leave) showing happy patients, talking to each other and speaking to others in the waiting room.

However on the BBC news this morning the stay campaign suggested there would be a £30Billion deficit if we leave, £15Billion to be paid for by tax increases and the remainder in cuts which have to be made across the board (NHS no doubt the big losers)

So the question is, who's spinning the biggest about of **** :rolleyes:

Politics, what a load of *******!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom