Poll: The EU Referendum: How Will You Vote? (June Poll)

Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the European Union or leave the European Union?

• Remain a member of the European Union

Votes: 794 45.1%
  • Leave the European Union

Votes: 965 54.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
We need to go and stretch our wings, no if or buts just that break free feeling moment.
That we now have the world at our oyster and not be shackled to some degenerative myopia called the EU.

Lets move on, we tried it did not work out so move on.

If the remain camp would pull there heads out of the state of torpor (mobile phones) and actually critically think for themselves they might see what I see. ;)

Soldato
Of course nothings going to change, everything will go to **** regardless. The Referendum is simply a charade to blame the British public for any **** that happens.

I agree with this - our politicians have a history of backtracking on promises,and people on either side need to be wary of believing the claims fully. They can always quietly run away if it all goes to crap,in or out of the EU.

Last edited:
Soldato
Short term Brexit cost has been put at 4.5% of GDP in the most adverse scenario. The range of values is 1.4% to 4.5% of GDP.

That would be lost permanently. That gives a quantifiable cost in terms of tax revenues every year as well as there being the cost to households in businesses in lost income.

2017 will be a recession year in the most adverse scenario before GDP recovers to normal growth levels in 2021. In the most optimistic scenario growth slows down to 0.8% in 2017 before recovering.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-36561720

The idea that the UK would have more money by leaving the EU is simply wrong.

The question is whether that permanent cost to the UK economy is worth the other supposed benefits of leaving the EU.

Then there are the long term growth costs which are a lot harder to quantify, although the consensus is that it will be negative.

Last edited:
Soldato
You say that as though him supporting Leave is cast iron support for the idea that it will happen, which would have course be a ludicrous thing to say. An ex-military chief supports Brexit, joining some others who do (for sometimes idiotic reasons*)... whilst many don't, and others support Bremain. An EU army won't happen for the same reason there's never been a NATO army, or a UN army (even though one was initially envisioned, political reality meant it never happened).

*By idiotic reasons I mean, for example, General Sir Michael Rose saying,

"European law, in my view, has already seriously undermined UK's combat effectiveness as a result of the intrusion of European law into national law and today our service men and women are in danger of becoming no more than civilians in uniform"

Where, imo, he's clearly crying about ECtHR/ECHR... when the ECtHR/ECHR is a different institution and thing to the EU.

If their reasons for supporting Brexit are like that quotation, then lol at those doddery old men who clearly don't understand the issues around this referendum, even if their military knowledge and records are top notch.

Maybe we should play Top Trumps?

Key Bremain military people,

Field Marshal Lord Bramall, former Chief of Defence Staff
Field Marshal Lord Guthrie, former Chief of Defence Staff
Admiral of the Fleet Lord Boyce, former Chief of Defence Staff
Marshal of the RAF Lord Stirrup, former Chief of Defence Staff
Admiral Lord West, former First Sea Lord
Admiral Sir Mark Stanhope, former First Sea Lord
General Sir Mike Jackson, former Chief of the General Staff
General Lord Dannatt, former Chief of the General Staff
General Sir Rupert Smith, former Deputy Supreme Allied Commander Europe
General Sir Richard Shirreff, former Deputy Supreme Allied Commander Europe
Lieutenant General Sir John Kiszeley, former Director General of the Defence Academy
Lieutenant General Sir Rob Fry, former Deputy Chief of Defence Staff

Key Brexit military people,

Maj-Gen Julian Thompson CB, OBE
General Sir Michael Rose KCB CBE DSO, QGM
Lt-Gen Jonathon Riley CB DSO
Maj-Gen Tim Cross CBE
Maj-Gen Nick Vaux CB, DSO
Maj-Gen Malcolm Hunt OBE
Vice Admiral Sir Jeremy Blackham KCB
Maj-Gen Malcolm Hunt OBE
Rear Admiral Roger Lane-Nott CB
Rear Admiral Conrad Jenkin CB
Rear Admiral Richard Heaslip CB
Commodore Mike Clapp CB

If you like higher ranks go for the first lot, if you like rears then the latter.

You really don't get it do you!

This is a vote to stick it big time from the poor people to the rich.

The is a lot more poor people than rich and I think you will find you are very much out numbered, by a factor of 90%+.

Rich people become complacent and think they can subservient the poor with rhetoric about things they do not fully understand.:rolleyes:

Well guess what! People are not as stupid as you think and when poor and in financial difficulty you should see what they do, its unbelievable and you rich or indoctrinated folks who want in the EU are very much mistaken to what people of all races and values can do.

Leave the EU as its been nothing more than a ball ache since we joined.

We old and established, hell we owned half the world once. Although I don't advocate that again.

But we not small and we not big we are just British! ;)

VOTE LEAVE!

Soldato

Care to elaborate?

Don't down play what I am saying its the truth and I don't care if you like it or not we are voting out.

I have spoken to loads of people and the only muppets who want in are managers, line leaders and pro EU so FU my life is fine. :mad:

Soldato
Would you care to elaborate on your reply! As its not a statement, just a poke! :rolleyes:

Patriotism isn't logic. Nor is referring to a bygone era of colonialism.

Care to elaborate?

Don't down play what I am saying its the truth and I don't care if you like it or not we are voting out.

I have spoken to loads of people and the only muppets who want in are managers, line leaders and pro EU so FU my life is fine. :mad:

So the people that generally deal with the larger picture are the ones pro EU. Doesn't that say something to you?

You think your company goes round selecting the least experienced and smartest people to be managers?

Last edited:
Soldato
Patriotism isn't logic. Nor is referring to a bygone era of colonialism.

I did not say I was advocate for colonialism, read my reply.

I am not that patriotic, but the EU is a ball ache I could do without it, as the is much more pressing problems in the world without the EU at the nads.

Its a problem we don't need, I also think the EU can move on without us to what it wants to achieve. I have full respect for that and hope that our European neighbours can achieve what they strive for and accomplish there vision.

I also hope we can have a mutual ground from which we can build a fair and democratic communication with the EU.

We can work with them, if they want.

If not FU EU we will get on fine by ourselves. ;)

Soldato
We can work with them, if they want.

If not FU EU we will get on fine by ourselves. ;)

No one is saying the UK will turn into a third word country.

But such sentiment will damage the UK economy. Some people will lose their jobs and average incomes will decrease. Some people might benefit but net effect will be negative.

If the government sees a decrease in overall tax revenue then their are further consequences.

You might be able to move on without the EU and want to stick two fingers up to them, but there are real costs to other people.

Soldato
No one is saying the UK will turn into a third word country.

But such sentiment will damage the UK economy. Some people will lose their jobs and average incomes will decrease. Some people might benefit but net effect will be negative.

If the government sees a decrease in overall tax revenue then their are further consequences.

You might be able to move on without the EU and want to stick two fingers up to them, but there are real costs to other people.

What is it with the Pro EU people that think MONEY is everything????

I don't get it at all? :confused:

Money is not everything and never has been! :rolleyes:

Soldato
What is it with the Pro EU people that think MONEY is everything????

I don't get it at all? :confused:

Money is not everything and never has been! :rolleyes:

It's easy to say money isn't everything if you know you will be fine with a loss of income or your job.

However, if the leave campaign took the message that they were asking the UK public to give up income in order to gain apparent sovereignty, they would lose the referendum by a mile.

Instead they are trying to get all the mainstream predictions dismissed as wrong and even trying to spread a non-evidence based message the UK would do better outside the EU.

Soldato
It's easy to say money isn't everything if you know you will be fine with a loss of income or your job.

However, if the leave campaign took the message that they were asking the UK public to give up income in order to gain apparent sovereignty, they would lose the referendum by a mile.

Instead they are trying to get all the mainstream predictions dismissed as wrong and even trying to spread a non-evidence based message the UK would do better outside the EU.

I have a small confession to make?#

I don't have any money or savings, I have my health and so does my family.
We don't have much, ok maybe sitting on 60k in property but I learnt along time ago money is not everything.

Trust me, it means sod all when you look at the big picture or go through life with situations that no amount of money can fix.

Life is life, money is not.

People created money for control, just a got you by the balls situation so to say.

We leave the EU I lose 5k+ tuff! But I will have my health and well being and know I have made the right choice for my daughter.

VOTE LEAVE! ;)

Associate

:D

Brightened up my early morning, thank you!

Soldato

Scaremongering my friend.

Same was said back in 2008-2009, the most severe downturn hit the WORLD ever. We were down -1% on 2008 and -5.2% on 2009. Since 2010 we are up.

Everyone forgot that, and they are talking about "disaster, DOOM we going to lose 1.4%-4.5% until we recover". BS.

We have ONE OFF opportunity until the end of times, to get OUT of the EU.
There is going to be no future referendum, and we know that the EU goes for federalization as soon as the end of the year. And DC abolished our right to veto the federalization in February, in favour to get nothing, just smoke and mirrors (of very bad quality also).

Yes WE gave up our right to veto the federalization of the EU. So the unelected will continue governing this country, of which imposed 59% of the legislation on this country the last 8 years.

And I do not pull the numbers of facts off a hat. Paxman found so, on a documentary while looking the national archives.

Also nothing stops the economy to shrink. The world economy is in tatters at the moment, and we are going to see another recession soon affecting the whole world.

Closing because we have short memories. When Alistair Darling went to bail out the banks, with the sensible method he did, the EU commission was complaining. But so be it. We did it.
Greece, who came to the same situation as us, couldn't bail out banks as we did. The Tax payers paid for the bank debts, while the banks still belong to private owners (mostly German banks), and the Greek tax payer didn't obtain even 1% of the shares nor any guarantees that will EVER get the money back from the banks. While we in UK almost nationalised the banks, and we sell them now, making profit on top.

That is how the EU works my friend. To the interest of the core elite.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom