Poll: The EU Referendum: How Will You Vote? (March Poll)

Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the European Union or leave the European Union?

• Remain a member of the European Union

Votes: 400 43.3%
  • Leave the European Union

Votes: 523 56.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Have those who still vote in taken into consideration scorza's very very important posts? Some of which, I must add, are still languishing in the old thread.

Soldato
I certainly wasn't thinking about other forum members when I made my comment. Basing a decision like this on anything you read here would be bonkers.

Absolutely. In reaching my decision this time around I'm trying to be less selfish than I usually am. This means thinking about the potential impact on my young nieces and nephews as they grow older rather than any short-term pain I'd have to put up with.

Soldato
In, the out vote is to much of an unknown for me most of the senior figures in the campaign won't even discuss how they want things to look or answer simple questions like do they want to remain part of the single market.

Also doesn't help that the out campaign is fronted by a who's who of Looney politicians from Gove to Farage and Boris to Lawson (Who incidentally sounds like his marbles are going)

Soldato
In. Like it or not, the world is getting smaller, and we can either kick and scream and stamp our feet while trying to resist as long as possible, or embrace it and make the best of it.

Caporegime
My decision was made independently, but reinforced by the hyperbolic rhetoric of the outers. It's like the louder a dog barks, the more you ignore it. :p

No - you've been a remainian from the start, don't pretend otherwise. It's true that some of the people supporting Leave on this forum can be a bit rabid at times, but the worst are by far the stay camp (as sadly page 1 of this thread demonstrates :rolleyes:), their arguments tend to be either pure scaremongering or diminishing and understating Britain's status in the world. When you counter their arguments with facts they often simply dismiss the source without engaging in any debate.

Soldato
It's true that some of the people supporting Leave on this forum can be a bit rabid at times, but the worst are by far the stay camp (as sadly page 1 of this thread demonstrates :rolleyes:),

:confused: Are you reading a different page 1 to the rest of us?

their arguments tend to be either pure scaremongering or diminishing and understating Britain's status in the world. When you counter their arguments with facts they often simply dismiss the source without engaging in any debate.

:confused: People debate your 'facts' and 'sources' all the time! Just because you don't like it if they debunk some of it or portray it in a different viewpoint, doesn't mean they aren't engaging you about it.

Soldato
So why pretend you were in any way influenced by these threads?

You seem to have a problem with the written word don't you? If you read my posts properly you have discerned that I've always been 'IN' and that position just grew stronger after reading some of rabid foaming 'OUT' posts on these forums. Can you guess who I'm talking about? ;)

Last edited:
Caporegime
You seem to have a problem with the written word don't you? If you read my posts properly you have discerned that I've always been 'IN' and that position just grew stronger after reading some of rabid foaming 'OUT posts on these forums. Can you guess who I'm talking about? ;)

So you're now admitting to being influenced by these threads? Being "reinforced" is being influenced.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom