The EU Referendum: Polling Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Did anyone else notice that Poland had the audacity to project the Union flag upside down while trying to show support for the remain campaign.

Cheers for the insult guys

Even if you take it as an insult which I don't think it is. It's nothing compared to insults dished out to foreigners in these threads over last few months.

Soldato
I too had a random "make sure to use a pen, or they will change your vote" crazy at my polling station.

Imagine how many people would be in on that for it to work! Polls close at 10pm, so what, 11 hours to check and change every ballot without observers noticing? You'd need an mi5 agent or voter!

Much easier to stuff the ballot box, or replace them entirely.

Soldato
Voted remain and immediately regretted it! In principle I am broadly in favour of Brexit, because I think the EU is corrupt, inefficient and incredibly undemocratic. (I don't really care about migration per se as it doesn't effect me, though I do think more targeted migration would be preferable). but voted remain because I am scared of the economic consequences. Feel a bit cowardly.

Sadly, you won't be the only one completely suckered by the scaremongering tactics our Govt. and the BBC have been hammering out over the last couple of weeks. It's how propaganda works.

Soldato
Well during my holiday have met just 5 remainers. Shockingly one was my best mate who changed his mind last minute... Good for me he wasn't registered to vote lol. We will almost certainly see a class divide in this with wealthy areas voting overwhelmingly remain and those less affluent voting overwhelmingly leave.

At my local polling station asked a few all out as expected. My company had the audacity to show a great big a3 series of posters "Part funded by the ESF"... Put a complaint in along with several other staff.

I do get a strong feeling that this country will be split after too.

Soldato
Let's just hope brexiters don't turn violent, we've already seen one murder Jo Cox and that was before the vote.

Can envision something like what happened in France with the supporters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom