Poll: The EU Referendum: What Will You Vote? (New Poll)

Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the European Union or leave the European Union?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Those of us banking on London preeminence in finance carrying us after an out vote should be aware that China is going to do a "test" lauch of a gold backed yuan in April of this year.

London and the riggers who operate there are losing a lot of confidence around the world because of that rigging, if London doesn't learn how to play nicely with others it could become a historic financial talking point like Venice.

Last edited:
Soldato
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploa...it-expenditure-eea-nationals-ad-hoc-stats.pdf

Ouch - Britain spent some £1.7 billion on benefits (roughly 50:50 split between out of work and in work) for immigrants from the EEA in 2013/2014. The government's own estimates reckon that the thin gruel deal will save us £30 million - it's a drop in the ocean, hardly worth all that effort.

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2014/nov/05/eu-migrants-uk-gains-20bn-ucl-study

European migrants to the UK are not a drain on Britain’s finances and pay out far more in taxes than they receive in state benefits, a new study has revealed.

Associate
I go away for a few days and come back and apparently you guys all went down the attack route? Magical. :p

I don't think the EU actually costs us anything in the grand scheme of things and I would love to see someone sit down and work out it out fully. I just don't like the prospect of a EU mega-state or the way the EU could shape itself in the next few decades.

Pretty simple really.

Caporegime
Lol linking migration watch to discredit a study?

Pot, meet kettle.

This seems to be a common tactic used by the pro-EU crowd, if you don't like an article, criticise the source (usually with a lol-prefix). It doesn't do them any credit at all imo. The problem for Avenged7Fold is that MigrationWatch is a respected think tank founded by Sir Andrew Green (now Lord Green of Deddington) and David Coleman, Professor of Demography at Oxford University. They are credited with significantly changing the debate about immigration in the UK, they should not be ignored or dismissed.

Man of Honour
Nice try gilly. But next time set the parameters ;)

The parameters were immigration and the current referendum - ergo the information in the OP and resultant discussion.

Pretty obvious, really.
Yes it does.
"In the United States, stand-your-ground law states that an individual has no duty to retreat from any place they have lawful right to be and may use any level of force, including lethal, if they reasonably believe they face an imminent and immediate threat of serious bodily harm or death."

Oh it's you again...should have known ;)

That's nothing to do with people trespassing. If you walk over the corner of someone's field miles away from their house, you think they can perceive a threat where there was none? That would be murder and not at all sanctioned by a stand your ground law.

You are well aware of this. The failure to twist these arguments is your own.

[edit]Sorry Burnsy :o

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom