Poll: The EU Referendum: What Will You Vote? (New Poll)

Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the European Union or leave the European Union?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
Why would the EU and its member states want to allow a Britain outside of the EU export goods to it cheaper than the member states can supply itself.

Take steel for example, the EU is being heavily damaged by cheap Chinese imports, do you think they would allow cheap UK imports?

It's free trade OldCoals old boy, they allow us to export to them tariff free and we'd allow them to import to us tariff free - win-win.

On your point about cheap steel imports from China, I feel the need to point out that they are allowing this cheap steel in at the moment, and not all of the EU is suffering as a result - German car manufacturers in particular will be overjoyed at the collapse in steel prices...

Man of Honour
I've not seen any such indication and in any case, at this stage such an indication can only be treated as pressure for a stay vote, or an opening negotiation position.

Well this is a pretty clear indication from the EC. It may be a negotiation technique or it may indeed be a red line that the EU will not cross. I can't say I know which one it is, but if it is the latter, then that's a huge issue. You can't just brush that off and say it won't be an issue, because we both know you don't know that.

The European Commission told Britain on Wednesday that European Union freedom of movement rules were non-negotiable and that London had to accept them if it wanted to remain in the bloc's single market.

"Free movement is non-negotiable," Viviane Reding, vice-president of the EU executive told Reuters when asked about plans by Prime Minister David Cameron to impose tighter controls on migrants from Romania and Bulgaria and to try to restrict freedom of movement rules for poorer EU states.

"If Britain wants to leave the single market, you should say so. But if Britain wants to stay a part of the single market, free movement applies. You cannot have your cake and eat it Mr Cameron!"

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-britain-immigration-ec-idUSBRE9AQ0WZ20131127

Soldato
We are easily capable of creating our own trade deals. Let mainland Europe have its free movement of people if that is what it wants.

If big business wants to stay in the EU they do so for one reason and one reason alone: Greed. As has been said if they begin to impose tariffs maybe UK produced items would be more common. We can interact as a global individual economy not as a conglomerate.

I have a feeling we shall see a more direct attack sooner or later on the EU out campaign and worryingly, will the Electoral Commission grant grassroots out its status as the main camp. All friends and family that I know are voting out along with their households.

Caporegime
Well this is a pretty clear indication from the EC. It may be a negotiation technique or it may indeed be a red line that the EU will not cross. I can't say I know which one it is, but if it is the latter, then that's a huge issue. You can't just brush that off and say it won't be an issue, because we both know you don't know that.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-britain-immigration-ec-idUSBRE9AQ0WZ20131127

Are we not talking about leaving the single market i.e. The EU? It's quite clear in your quote that we can leave the single market and get rid of free movement. Leaving the single market doesn't mean that we can't sell to and buy from it though.

V F

V F

Soldato
I'm voting out personally.

I do think it's unfair that the Goverment has agreed it's up to the public to decide if they want to stay in or leave... then campaigns to stay in.. it's it's upto the public then let them decide? Otherwise it's just a bit biased?

I haven't seen a list of pros and cons but what i want to know is...If we vote out what happens to us in the eurovision? :D

You can't work it out why that is?

Soldato
"One of the big questions arising from today’s immigration statistics is how there can be 260,000 immigrants from the European Union (EU) over the past year yet around 650,000 National Insurance Numbers (NINos) handed to EU citizens"

Get out of that one Cameron.

Permabanned
"One of the big questions arising from today’s immigration statistics is how there can be 260,000 immigrants from the European Union (EU) over the past year yet around 650,000 National Insurance Numbers (NINos) handed to EU citizens"

Get out of that one Cameron.

Brietbart?

Man of Honour
Are we not talking about leaving the single market i.e. The EU? It's quite clear in your quote that we can leave the single market and get rid of free movement. Leaving the single market doesn't mean that we can't sell to and buy from it though.

I'm not saying it will stop, I'm saying it will be slower and more expensive to do so.

Soldato

We've had reading comprehension problems in the past, haven't we, deuse-y boy?

From your source, which explains what's included in your 'shock' contradictory figure:
It should be noted that these figures also include short-term migrants and the figures are based on recorded registration date on the National Insurance Recording and Pay As You Earn System (NPS), that is, after the NINo application process has been completed, and so are not a direct measure of when a person migrated to the UK.

Move along.:o

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom