US: The Expanse - ** Please use spoiler tags for reveals with TV show or books**

Associate
The books are brilliant, and the tv show ain't far behind - they've nailed most of the characters except one imo; Bobby. Draper is a hard ass in the books but she's coming across as a little petulant and pouty thus far.

Associate
The books are brilliant, and the tv show ain't far behind - they've nailed most of the characters except one imo; Bobby. Draper is a hard ass in the books but she's coming across as a little petulant and pouty thus far.

Agree with you on this version of Bobbie, too whiny. Also Holden lacks charisma and Naomi is too short :D.

Associate
The actor who plays Holden is an Aldi brand Jon Snow, but that is made up for by the awesome Wes Chatham as Amos. Play a drinking game where you have to drink a shot whenever his icy, barely concealed rage is punctuated by a blink; you'll be sober forever.

Plus Dominique Tripper is gorgeous.

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
Chrisjen - just get to the ****ing point!!

Her delivery is so good.

Last edited by a moderator:
Associate
So ****ing good. That Venus shot was just beautiful.

And I think I know where my next few months of Audible credits are going because I really can't wait a year for more.

Soldato
The banter was hilarious:

Bobbi: "I've found a way out - there's a maintenance crawl on the
other side of that wall; it should lead us to the elevator shaft."
Avasarala: "That is not going to work"
B: "Right...you'd never make that climb."
A: "Jesus Christ, not because I'm old - because he's been shot!"
Cotyar: "Plus, she's really old."

Associate
finish watching all of season 2 on Friday, it got even better than the first season and so glad that it already been renewed for season 3. just got to wait until season 2 released on blu-ray so I can watch it again but without the ad's breaks and on screen pop up's.

Soldato
Yep, was an excellent season. You can see they've spent a fair bit of money on it - and that they'd saved a few pennies for the last episode.

Also:
A: Where are you going with this?
B: Wherever the **** I liiiiiike
:D

Associate
It's rather frustrating finally getting a place to watch it in the UK only for them to hold it back. Must be legal reasons for x amount of time post sci-fi in America show it or something.

Would be rather amazing if Netflix and sci-fi produce it together and throw lots of money at it. About time some decent sci-fi came out.

Back
Top Bottom