US: The Expanse - ** Please use spoiler tags for reveals with TV show or books**

Associate
Having just finished book 4 really looking forward to this!
Do wonder how faithful they'll try to stay? Notice some characters from later books are in the trailer already.

The hordes of Firefly fans may flock to it. They kind of share similar themes and the crews are similar. This is a bit darker overall though.

Man of Honour
First episode seemed tentatively good to me - listened with proper surround sound and the audio mix was fine other than a couple of places where voices sounded a bit veiled and some good use of surround effects in places.

Associate
I liked the pilot , had promise and they had clearly spent a lot of money on it. Cant understand why there's no UK showings announced if this is Scfys tentpole big budget tv series

Associate
Not bad baring the cross Jar Jar Binks South African accents of the belters which is absolutely terrible. Enjoyed the Space action The Highlanders story line is a bit of a drag so far though.

Permabanned
Watched all 4 few days ago and I was a bit disappointed. I guess i had too high expectations after watching the pilot. I will definitely continue watching because it is a space tv series and it is not completely rubbish in my opinion. Some of the scenes were very bad, which detracts from the rest of the series. Some of the acting was bad as well in parts. I can't see it having more than 1 season.

R3X

R3X

Soldato
Yeah not sure where they are going with so many story arcs and characters, syfy tried a similar thing with dominion and that worked out not so well since it got canned.

It does have the same cop + side kick element and then its switching to other planets, colonies etc no doubt building up the bigger picture and no doubt all of them each connecting to each other but it feels like it may not all work out.

At least with dark matter and the killjoys we had a focused story on few characters, nothing blown out of proportion with too many faces and places like the expanse has done, perhaps at the end of the day we just need to chill and switch off and enjoy.

4th episode was action packed though so nice build up, but still a confusing show with so much going on and only 4 eps in.

Soldato
Very impressed do far. Is it me or does it have a dead space feel to it?

I am enjoying it so far,and I like the attention to detail and they really seem to be trying to make it as close to hard sci-fi as possible. I also like the fact,that they are building the story up too. I remember B5 had quite a complex story which took time to build up too,so maybe people need to be patient and give the series some time. Its not like we are inundated with space based sci-fi shows TBH!!

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm loving this show.

Being an EVE Online player, I very much liked that 'little' ship that they used to
escape from the Martian battleship.
It very much reminded me of my Thrasher. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom