The Expanse

Associate
Surely it will be at least 3 months as then Netflix would release all the eps at once. If USA has it as a weekly show it will have to finish there.
They wont let it show here on Netflix first...

Soldato
Saw s1 of this and I thought it was boring. I can usually watch any space show and enjoy it like killjoys as that's not great but it's watchable, this tho I thought was way too boring.

What exactly do you that like it actually like about it?

Soldato
Great story, real tension, interesting characters, not too clichéd compared to a lot of space stuff.

I just found that it really worked on all levels, I would always agree the first few episodes were a bit sketchy but I found it kicked on massively from there.

Soldato
Just finished season 2. Much better than the first, decent story arcs and some of the characters are much better developed.

BUT....it's such a shame that half the cast is so incredibly awful. Holden, Nagata, Burton and Draper are so cringe-inducingly bad every time they're on screen it pretty much spoils it. It doesn't help that their lines are awful, but the delivery is so wooden as well.

Even more annoying when there are some great performance and casting for some characters like Avasaral, Errinwright etc. Shame, the second season was a big improvement on the first but unless they kill off the main protagonists we're stuck with that bunch of mooks for the whole run :/

Soldato
I've been looking for a new TV series to start now Walking Dead is on a break. I have lined up:

• Altered Carbon - 2 episodes in and enjoying this.
  • Westworld - yet to start.
  • The Orville - 5 episodes in, not bad.
  • Star Trek: Discovery - S1 complete and really enjoyed this.
  • The Expanse S1 - first episode watched and not overly impressed. I liked the grittiness of life in space on a mining ship and the flip and burn was impressive, but the gumshoe hat wearing, matchstick chewing, burnt out detective hit every cliche.
Should i stick with the Expanse or is there something better?

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I'd say stick with the Expanse, the first time I watched it, I gave up after the first few episodes. Months and months and months later, looking for something to watch I decided to give it a 2nd crack of the whip and made myself give it longer. I ended up loving it and cant wait now for season 3. IMO the early episodes can put people off but its very much worth pushing through them.

Back
Top Bottom