The Expanse

Don
Yeah I'm pretty sure cop would be back too in some form or another.

But now? Who knows :(

Read the books and find out :p

There's a very long series of books that the series has been very closely following.

Yes, he does come back as part of the Protomolecule and "inhabits" Holdens mind (he hallucinates and see's him everywhere)

Soldato
Are the books any good?

The plot on the TV shows is decent but the actors and dialogue are so cringingly bad I can't bring myself to keep watching.

Soldato
Are the books any good?

The plot on the TV shows is decent but the actors and dialogue are so cringingly bad I can't bring myself to keep watching.

I loved the books. The characters have a lot more going on and the relationships are better. The plot is much better in the books as well (with 1 major exception that didn't get translated to the TV series thankfully). You get more world building and everything feels bigger.

Associate
Liked the comment that Bezos has the money to actually shoot this in space. If it's his fav show then hopefully it might get a nice boost in budget too. Sci-Fi in scale with GoT.

Only seen the first two seasons, if the amazon deal goes through it might mean we get it released at same time as US which would be nice.

Soldato
Deal isn't done yet though. Netflix holds the international distribution rights, Amazon the US distribution rights from what I can gather. Not sure what impact that will have if any.

Pity Firefly aired when it did. Might have been saved if it had aired in the streaming era. Alas, it wasn't meant to be.

Soldato
That's correct. I think people are taking 'in talks' as being a certainty that Amazon are going to pick this up, with it being one of Bezos' favourite shows. Some sites are so certain that they have reported it as being a done deal.

I didn't realise Netflix passed on picking up the show, so whatever international distribution rights they have had will end I guess should Amazon pick this up for season 4 onwards.

Back
Top Bottom