• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Financial Results Thread

Soldato
I wouldn't read too much into individual stocks while the tangerine tyrant is manipulating markets for his buddies.

AMD doing nicely though, I think they'll really start eating into Intel this year, expecting good results from them for the next couple years.

Caporegime
https://seekingalpha.com/news/3468577-amd-plus-6_7-percent-mobile-tie-samsung

AMD +6.7% on mobile tie-up with Samsung

AMD (NASDAQ:AMD) and Samsung (OTC:SSNNF,OTC:SSNLF) announce a multiyear partnership based on AMD's Radeon graphics chips.

AMD will license its custom graphics IP for Samsung to use in mobile devices. In return, Samsung will pay license fees and royalties.

AMD shares gain 6.7% to $29.24.

Associate
AMD's second quarter financial result out later today, around 22:30 UK time.

Will be interesting to see if Ryzen 3000 and 5700/XT have had any kind of impact already, plus the tie ups with Samsung, Google, Sony and Microsoft.

I'm also looking forward to seeing how confident they are going forward and what their projections are for the rest of the year.

Soldato
AMD's second quarter financial result out later today, around 22:30 UK time.

Will be interesting to see if Ryzen 3000 and 5700/XT have had any kind of impact already, plus the tie ups with Samsung, Google, Sony and Microsoft.

I'm also looking forward to seeing how confident they are going forward and what their projections are for the rest of the year.

Q2 2019 sales won't include products release on Q3 2019.....

Associate
AMD Reports Second Quarter 2019 Financial Results

- Revenue grew 20 percent quarter-over-quarter;
Gross margin expanded to 41 percent, up 4 percentage points year-over-year -

SANTA CLARA, Calif., July 30, 2019 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- AMD (NASDAQ:AMD) today announced revenue for the second quarter of 2019 of $1.53 billion, operating income of $59 million, net income of $35 million and diluted earnings per share of $0.03. On a non-GAAP(*) basis, operating income was $111 million, net income was $92 million and diluted earnings per share was $0.08.

http://ir.amd.com/news-releases/new...reports-second-quarter-2019-financial-results

Soldato
Not an awful lot to read from this quarter. Q3 when we start to see how 3000 series and rDNA is doing in the market will be telling...I'm holding.

Soldato
Not an awful lot to read from this quarter. Q3 when we start to see how 3000 series and rDNA is doing in the market will be telling...I'm holding.
Know the markets have dipped but seems pretty decent. looks to be a recovery in comparison from the crypto dip last year and steady sales mainly driven by price dropped 2 series Ryzen and Naples Eypc before the 3 series launch.

Soldato
Pathetic results for Nvidia. It seems they're stuck trying to milk a cow whose udders are mostly empty. It's gonna be glorious next year when they'll either come back down to earth and price their GPUs properly or they'll run around like headless chickens in full panic mode due to consoles. There's only so much visual differentiation you can push when for £499 you're gonna get a full fledged gaming system doing 4K 60 at high settings with even a sprinkle of RT thrown on top. #RIPNVDA

Permabanned
Pathetic results for Nvidia. It seems they're stuck trying to milk a cow whose udders are mostly empty. It's gonna be glorious next year when they'll either come back down to earth and price their GPUs properly or they'll run around like headless chickens in full panic mode due to consoles. There's only so much visual differentiation you can push when for £499 you're gonna get a full fledged gaming system doing 4K 60 at high settings with even a sprinkle of RT thrown on top. #RIPNVDA

You are now trolling for sure 4k 60 on high for £499 you did not even think before posting that. 4k 60 can just about be done with a 2080ti ask people who have them or google the benchmarks. And then a sprinkle of RT?

Dude if they get RT for £499, Then it is 1080p upscaled to 4k 60. Meanwhile Nvidia will have shrunk the entire Super lineup to 7nm and next years games will be more intensive for a console in planning NOW versus a game released LATER. I put caps in just to make it clear.

Soldato
You are now trolling for sure 4k 60 on high for £499 you did not even think before posting that. 4k 60 can just about be done with a 2080ti ask people who have them or google the benchmarks. And then a sprinkle of RT?

Dude if they get RT for £499, Then it is 1080p upscaled to 4k 60. Meanwhile Nvidia will have shrunk the entire Super lineup to 7nm and next years games will be more intensive for a console in planning NOW versus a game released LATER. I put caps in just to make it clear.

You can take his posts with a bit of salt, most of his gpu related posts are just bashing nvidia so it’s no surprise that he’d make a post like that with little logic involved

Man of Honour
OP
NVidia are in a very good position GPU wise as they already have the fastest cards and this can only improve with the move to 7nm.

They do need to sort out the asking price of their cards in the next 12 months or it will continue to do them damage with lost sales and disgruntled users.

Soldato
NVidia are in a very good position GPU wise as they already have the fastest cards and this can only improve with the move to 7nm.

They do need to sort out the asking price of their cards in the next 12 months or it will continue to do them damage with lost sales and disgruntled users.

True. Issue is the results above count everything. There is a better analysis per segment for Q1 2020.

5wfWySM.png
Adding the Q2 2019 break down also.
https://www.anandtech.com/show/14745/nvidia-q2-fy-2020-earnings-report-continuing-crypto-disruption

Shows that Nvidia while has more expensive graphic cards, got self inflicting heavy beating, in some period with -40% on sales.
Which might not seem too much, but shows that they were selling 70% more last year than this year.

Soldato

Lol, sounds like you haven't done your homework. 4k 60 is easy when you're not maxing sliders. It's even easier when you're designing for a particular hardware config. ;)

You can take his posts with a bit of salt, most of his gpu related posts are just bashing nvidia so it’s no surprise that he’d make a post like that with little logic involved

You have me confused with someone else.

edit: what's funnier is someone called me out for "shilling nvidia" yesterday :D I guess it's hard to criticise anything these days when people have their identity tied up to a brand. they see any comment on their products as personal insults.

Fastest card only means so much. I'm talking about gaming revenue across the board, that means taking the market context into account. 2080tis won't keep them afloat as is obvious from the continuous decline they're seeing. This will only get worse for them if they continue this way. Especially since they're not scoring any major wins in other sectors, and there they're facing even stiffer competition. It's the calm before the storm, mark my words.

Last edited:
Permabanned
Lol, sounds like you haven't done your homework. 4k 60 is easy when you're not maxing sliders. It's even easier when you're designing for a particular hardware config. ;)

You have me confused with someone else.

Fastest card only means so much. I'm talking about gaming revenue across the board, that means taking the market context into account. 2080tis won't keep them afloat as is obvious from the continuous decline they're seeing. This will only get worse for them if they continue this way. Especially since they're not scoring any major wins in other sectors, and there they're facing even stiffer competition. It's the calm before the storm, mark my words.

It is a myth that there are magic gains for closed hardware like a PS5. First myth is that and all consoles now undergo changes like Pro versions so the hardware changes. Second how come games run so Awful then why can they not do well at Ark or PUBG?

Also Nvidia sadly can shrink the 2080 Ti Super too and at 7nm with 11gb of 15.5GB boosted memory and 2000mhz boost core speeds like the Super. They would still be ahead of AMD here as well. The market is so poor that they could release the Super and 7nm shrink and probably get away with it and make money twice of the same gpu. :(

Back
Top Bottom