• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** THE FIRST FREESYNC MONITOR ARRIVES AT OcUK!! **

Roll back to the 680 launch POT kettle and all that.

he monitor looks pretty nice.

I like the stand a good improvement from the XL2420T

USB 3 on the side

A weird little pop out headphone holder (not that i would use it)

Improved buttons on the bottom right wasn't a fan of the flush touch buttons.

Alas I can not test it here as 120+ Hz and office lighting = headache

But I will be doing a review when I get it home.

Last edited:
Blimey, is there no product related to AMD/NVidia that can be released without rabid (and often sensless) arguments forming instantly on here!?

I currently own an AMD card so am slightly biased but by no means a fanboi but some of the arguments being wheeled out to claim that somehow Freesync is a rip off even though this monitor is more than £100 cheaper than the Swift seem absolutely barmy!

Roll back to the 680 launch POT kettle and all that.

he monitor looks pretty nice.

I like the stand a good improvement from the XL2420T

USB 3 on the side

A weird little pop out headphone holder (not that i would use it)

Improved buttons on the bottom right wasn't a fan of the flush touch buttons.

Alas I can not test it here as 120+ Hz and office lighting = headache

But I will be doing a review when I get it home.

Looking forward to it, Looks like a nice monitor.

ASUS ROG SWIFT 1440P + 144HZ + G-Sync = £620
BENQ 1440P + 144HZ + FreeSync = £500

Think the babbling needs to stop and keep the thread useful for updates and reviews regarding this product.

500 quid isn't too bad tbh, heck I paid almost that for the monitor in sig 7 years ago, and what exciting new feature did it have, an HDMI port. Which ill admit I've hardly used.:D

I paid £500 for a 1080P - 120Hz 3D monitor from Asus (VG278H) and liked it so much, I bought another 2 for surround 3D gaming (which was awesome).

500 for a new monitor

I mean if it was that BenQ already had a 27" 144hz 1440p Gaming monitor for sub 400 then sure 100+ would be a bit much but first to market new tech which is a value add

Capitalism doesn't take the fact AMD aren't charging you $100 for the firmware device.

I will be able to compare the XL2730Z to a XL2420T too since I have 2 of those :)

I dont think ALXAndy is getting the point. It is about trade off's.

4k G-sync 60hz or
1440p Freesync 144hz

1440p at 120hz+ cost more than 4K at 60hz monitors regardless off G-sync or freesync.

When you include the G-sync costs on a 4k it will bring the price up to a 1440p 120hz+ non Freesync.

Therefore ALXAndy logic doesnt not make much sence.

I will try and make a review tomorrow for you all.

Last edited:
You're determined to make my one comment into a debate, aren't you?

Look. I really, truly CBA to argue with you. At the end of the day if you don't think that this BenQ monitor has a premium slapped on it for being the first Freesync monitor then I truly feel sorry for you. Regardless of what else may be on the market for £499 I can absolutely assure you that you are paying something for it even though you seem so determined to make me argue with you so that you can feel justified in saying it isn't.
You do realise Acer 4K G-sync monitor wasn't available on day one neither do you? It was delay after delay for months, before it eventually arrived.

Also "At the end of the day if you don't think that this BenQ monitor has a premium slapped on it for being the first Freesync monitor then I truly feel sorry for you."...serious what? Now you are changing tone?

You were banging on it's overpriced and "it has to be because of Freesync one way or the other", ignoring it is a 2560 res 144Hz monitor, and first to the market, which are the most likely reason for the price premium from BenQ.

I don't know why you feel the need to smear at Freesync for "not being free", when I have shown examples of other monitors which are the same price betweem the existing version and the coming freesync version.

Remember the pricing of monitor of 4K monitor and 2560 res 144Hz monitor first came out? They were expensive and bloody overpriced due to being the first to the market and lack of competitions.

As far as BenQ go...it is just follow the traditional monitor pricing trend in terms of pricing high due to no competition. That's business...and if you insisting on Freesync being responsible, sure be that way.

And you are right, I am wasting my time, since are readily to smear at Freesync base one product alone, despite dozens others have already be announced and on the way, include 4K Samsung monitors etc.

I think the proof of the freesync pudding is going to be 12 months down the line. If at that stage every manufacturer is including as a feature they can stick on the box and can still hit their price points, then freesync will undeniably be a success. I hope we eventually see it on budget monitors too as a feature that you just assume every monitor will have.

I think the proof of the freesync pudding is going to be 12 months down the line. If at that stage every manufacturer is including as a feature they can stick on the box and can still hit their price points, then freesync will undeniably be a success. I hope we eventually see it on budget monitors too as a feature that you just assume every monitor will have.

Exactly this.

Back
Top Bottom