• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** THE FIRST FREESYNC MONITOR ARRIVES AT OcUK!! **

In fairness guys, look around, you won't find FREESYNC monitors IN STOCK nearly anywhere else worldwide.

I am a good buyer, I have stock now, OcUK first in the world with stock, I am amazing, AMD are just sticking to their scheduled launch date which was not in a public domain.

So don't give them to much of a hard time. :)

It was touted that Freesync was "ready" and "in" the Omega drivers.
They deserve a hard time, AMD will never have a smooth launch with something it seems.

EA had Mantle out and ready before AMD had launched drivers to use it etc.

It's just typical!

It was touted that Freesync was "ready" and "in" the Omega drivers.
They deserve a hard time, AMD will never have a smooth launch with something it seems.

EA had Mantle out and ready before AMD had launched drivers to use it etc.

It's just typical!

I dont think AMD said it was in that Driver. I think it was just us guys believing it was in that driver..

Is it worth even opening the box in risk of them only offering a partial refund if I return it?

In your position I'd return it. You've got CF hard wired on your card (you can disable one GPU but what's the point?) and no sign of FreeSync for CF until April at the earliest. I wouldn't be surprised to see it later to be honest either.

When it does eventually get enabled you'll probably have a wider choice of monitors and more attractive price points.

If it was available NOW then the early adopter tax for this monitor would probably be worth it but as it's not...

https://forum.beyond3d.com/threads/amd-unveils-catalyst-omega-driver.56319/

16-full-list_zps65e9bd7e.jpg

Conspiracy!

All AMD news relating to Omega don't mention Freesync (Did they remove them? It's not the first time AMD have pulled some such crap), but those slides didn't just appear from no where.

Like I just said, They was no response from AMD that 14.12 did support Freesync.. The driver patch notes listed nothing..

I stand corrected because even I have said couple times on here that Freesync was in 14.12

There's 14.12 Omega Slides which are touting Freesync.
There are dozens and dozens of articles about 14.12 and Freesync.

Does your AMD defense know no bounds?

Yep, exactly the reason I want to return it, no point paying extra for a feature that won't work for at least a month.

I can see OCUK getting quite a few returns to be honest.

It is two weeks buddy, 19th is 14 days away. I am sure AMD know the importance and are now probably working on bringing the launch forward and not causing further delays.

Back
Top Bottom