• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** THE FIRST FREESYNC MONITOR ARRIVES AT OcUK!! **

Against a like for like monitor (Asus ROG Swift) it is over £100 cheaper.

The ROG Swift is massively, massively over priced. Most 'gaming' products are.

If the Swift didn't have G-Sync it would be £100 cheaper though.

No offence to any one here, but AMD products are generally regarded as cheaper and better value. £499 doesn't really say cheap or better value.

If it were £300? then yeah, it would definitely seem more "free".

Ed. What I mean is when Freesync was announced we all rejoiced in the fact we could have G-Sync for free. £499? nothing feels free to me at all.

But it does have G-sync, and this has Freesync/adaptivesync and is £130 less.

That's better value. Especially considering the Asus G-sync monitor has been out awhile and this BenQ will have the usual early adopter tax applied...

But it does have G-sync, and this has Freesync/adaptivesync and is £130 less.

That's better value. Especially considering the Asus G-sync monitor has been out awhile and this BenQ will have the usual early adopter tax applied...

At £499 only the true hard core will adopt.

IE - it's far too expensive. Argue it all you like but I assure you, at that price it won't catch on at all.

I said the same about the Nvidia Shield. How many people do you know who have one of those?

Money talks.

When AMD said free I expected it to be free, not attached to a over priced monitor. When you start seeing it on Hannspree, Acer, ETC? IE - the companies who make fantastic value products then it will seem a whole load more free than it does now.

I'm not saying it's good value.

But it's a good deal cheaper than the equivalent G-sync monitor, hence you can argue AMD have provided a decent saving.

I don't game on desktop monitors anyway so it doesn't affect me.

IE - it's far too expensive. Argue it all you like but I assure you, at that price it won't catch on at all.

I said the same about the Nvidia Shield. How many people do you know who have one of those?

Money talks.

When AMD said free I expected it to be free, not attached to a over priced monitor. When you start seeing it on Hannspree, Acer, ETC? IE - the companies who make fantastic value products then it will seem a whole load more free than it does now.

its a 1440 144hz tho?
i agree they over charge for monitors in general compared to tv but yeh
the 1080p ones should be more mainstream price?

The ROG Swift is massively, massively over priced. Most 'gaming' products are.

If the Swift didn't have G-Sync it would be £100 cheaper though.

No offence to any one here, but AMD products are generally regarded as cheaper and better value. £499 doesn't really say cheap or better value.

If it were £300? then yeah, it would definitely seem more "free".

Ed. What I mean is when Freesync was announced we all rejoiced in the fact we could have G-Sync for free. £499? nothing feels free to me at all.

Your 4k G-sync monitor is at 60hz hence the £499.99 price tag, if it was combined with 120hz+ then the price would rocket.

When you are trying to get a 120hz+ with 1440p+ res then there are very limited products to choose from.

1080p G-sync monitors go for £350+ which is stupidly expensive.

Don’t get me wrong, I don’t agree with the pricing but unfortunately these are the modern prices which I personally do not think will drop. Look at the GTX 970, granted I know it’s a GPU but it is more expensive today than it was at release.

I got tired of waiting for prices to drop on products then by the time it does drop I wish I had just paid the £xxx more and enjoyed it for longer.

IE - it's far too expensive. Argue it all you like but I assure you, at that price.
Yet the Asus ROG Swift was shifting decent enough volume, even at £650-£700.

Sooo funny when when it is expensive on the Swift, it is the "premium for being 144Hz 2560 res monitor" rather than Gsync being the cause of high price; when it is expensive on the "Freesync" monitor, despite being cheaper, the price premium is because of the Freesync, rather than being a "2560 res 144Hz monitor" :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom