• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Fury Pro Fiji Owners Thread

Man of Honour
OP
Got a new 1440p monitor and thought it was a good idea to pick up a new card as well. Been using it for five days now and I'm loving it. A really nice step up from 1080p gaming. :)

DSC_0045.jpg

Welcome and on TROH.:)

The Roll of Honour.

Make Sapphire Tri-X, IbaneZ, Link, Date 09/10/2015
Make Sapphire Tri-X, bake73, Link, Date 05/10/2015
Make Asus Strix, Sh4rkie, Link, Date 01/10/2015
Make Sapphire Tri-X, maonayze, Link, Date 23/09/2015
Make Sapphire Tri-X, r22snapper, Link, Date 10/09/2015
Make Asus Strix, BigDools, Link, Date 06/09/2015
Make Sapphire Tri-X, Ajaxx, Link, Date 01/09/2015
Make Sapphire Tri-X, LoadsaMoney, Link, Date 14/08/2015
Make Sapphire Tri-X, Radox-0, Link, Date 06/08/2015
Make Sapphire Tri-X, neil473, Link, Date 04/08/2015
Make Sapphire Tri-X, IainR, Link, Date 01/08/2015
Make Sapphire Tri-X, Mr Evil, Link, Date 22/07/2015
Make Sapphire Tri-X, Nutella33, Link, Date 21/07/2015
Make Sapphire Tri-X, sothur, Link, Date 17/07/2015
Make Sapphire Tri-X, Lokken86, Link, Date 17/07/2015
Make Sapphire Tri-X, djtoltec, Link, Date 17/07/2015

To get on the Roll of Honour all you have to do is post a pic with your user name on it of your Fury Pro.

Associate
Does anyone run Lightroom with GPU acc enabled on their Fury? W8.1 with the latest AMD beta drivers and LR update if i enable GPU acc it results in a blue image with cross on it in the develop module. This means the GPU acc is broken and curious is anyone suffers similar?

Associate
Does anyone run Lightroom with GPU acc enabled on their Fury? W8.1 with the latest AMD beta drivers and LR update if i enable GPU acc it results in a blue image with cross on it in the develop module. This means the GPU acc is broken and curious is anyone suffers similar?
Anyone?

Associate
Sorry, I use Capture One here. I may be able to install but will need to get the CC login from the office in a couple of days. I will have a look though if nobody else comes along first.
Many thanks. My old 7970 worked with it and Adobe are saying it should be working with the latest builds although they are still investigating.

Associate
No problems here. I am using 15.8.1 drivers with the latest CC version of Lightroom. I imported 40 or so pics and had GPUZ on the 2nd screen. It only uses the GPU during processing as you are editing and it is rendering effects I guess. On export the GPU usage is 0. This behaviour is the same on our office PCs with Nvidia GPUs.

Off topic, it seems a bit backward not using the GPU for export, Capture One chucks out 1 per second converting a 50MP raw to JPEG.

Sorry I couldn't be more help.

Associate
No problems here. I am using 15.8.1 drivers with the latest CC version of Lightroom. I imported 40 or so pics and had GPUZ on the 2nd screen. It only uses the GPU during processing as you are editing and it is rendering effects I guess. On export the GPU usage is 0. This behaviour is the same on our office PCs with Nvidia GPUs.

Off topic, it seems a bit backward not using the GPU for export, Capture One chucks out 1 per second converting a 50MP raw to JPEG.

Sorry I couldn't be more help.
Thank you! Can i ask one last favour, in the develop module can you try and rotate an image? Does it switch to a blue screen or is the image still present? Shortcut key "r" from anywhere inside or LR.

** EDIT **
Found the issue, with MSI Afterburner with OSD running GPU acc doesn't work for me, stop OSD and it works. Thanks once again, helped me pin down the issue.

Last edited:
Associate
Recently got a Sapphire Fury Tri-X, it's better than my awful overheating MSI 290 twin frozr in almost every conceivable way.

However, it squeals like nothing I've ever heard before. In some games I can even hear it over my headphones and it always seems to be emitting some nasty high pitch noise (albeit quietly).

I know many cards suffer from coil whine, but is it particularly poor with this line of card or have I just got a bad 'un?

Got a replacement, but it's just as bad, if not worse than the first... :( Sounds like an angry high pitched wasp even at low fps.

Could it really be the PSU (Corsair CS650M)? I'm not sure I want to take the risk replacing that too and it not making any difference.

Associate
Got a replacement, but it's just as bad, if not worse than the first... :( Sounds like an angry high pitched wasp even at low fps.

Could it really be the PSU (Corsair CS650M)? I'm not sure I want to take the risk replacing that too and it not making any difference.

Last week I gave away my 290x to my friend. He built new PC with skylake, gigabyte mobo and Corsair RM750W PSU. That card was completely silent all the years it has been folding for me, as I used high end Seasonic/Corsair H units for myself. Yet with his Corsair, the card is coil whining quite strongly :(
So I really think you guys need to look into Corsair cheaper PSUs for coil whine.

Caporegime

Sounds like a PSU issue. Try the Graphics Card in a different computer, if you can. Additionally you could try using different cables from the PSU, if possible. I would recommend a Superflower 650W power supply as a good place to start, at a minimum.

Associate

My girlfriend pc's has a TX650 and with the Fury in there is a little whine, but its not noticeable with headphones on when she's gaming ( the noise only comes when under gaming loads )

Associate
On a side note, now that it's been my turn to upgrade my PC and as it's on weekly sale, I've order a Sapphire Fury for my new system also. Was really pleased with how it runs in my girlfriend rig.

So my new system once the gpu arrives will be - see sig below.

Soldato
Right, after a lot of changing my mind I am back to planning on buying the Fury now for my excellent new FreeSync monitor. Was leaning towards the Fury X but just can't justify the price increase for the small performance gain.

Most people seem happy enough with theirs are they?

Caporegime
Right, after a lot of changing my mind I am back to planning on buying the Fury now for my excellent new FreeSync monitor. Was leaning towards the Fury X but just can't justify the price increase for the small performance gain.

Yep, im very happy with mine :), should have gone for these in the first place, save a **** on, great cards, cool, quiet, and not much slower than the X, only around 5fps on average, which is nothing, these are the cards to get imo.

Last edited:
Associate
Yep, im very happy with mine :), should have gone for these in the first place, save a **** on, great cards, cool, quiet, and not much slower than the X, only around 5fps on average, which is nothing, these are the cards to get imo.
As above, very happy with my card. Running a 4k freesync monitor and everything i play runs and looks lush. Tbh my 7970 was very capable at 4k so knew the Fury would be a good investment once i moved to a FS monitor.

Permabanned

I am extremely happy with my Fury Tri-x however I do wish it was a Fury X and it would have been if AMD hadn't made such a shambles of the Fury-X release. I even waited for the fixed stock of the Fury x just to watch Loadsa get a whistler, At that point I gave up and got the Sapphire pro. Lovely card.

Back
Top Bottom