• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Fury(X) Fiji Owners Thread

Soldato
Oh come on, at least give the Fury about 9 months worth of drivers too like the Ti, its not had any yet.

I mean wheres the fairness in that, Ti's had about 9 months worth of drivers, the FX hasn't had any yet, as its only been out a week, its still on its release ones.

The GM200 has only been out for 3-4 months, Different core compared to the 980.

Last edited:
Soldato
They will get this pump thing fixed. Just hope I can return mine.

With performance being the way it is, I don't think I will pick up another one anytime soon tbh.

Maybe I would have better luck with a G1 or MSI 980 Ti... Hmm..

Caporegime
Errr, No.

The GTX 980 uses the GM204 core.

The Titan X uses the GM200 core which was then cut down by 256 CUDA cores to form the 980 Ti.

I know its a 204 core, and the TX and Ti are 200s, but they are all the same, they all just have differing CUDA etc... counts, so by the time the TX/Ti came out, they already had pretty decent drivers.

Last edited:
Soldato
Well my Fury X isn't going anywhere. Nice and quiet and runs cool, so staying with me till 14/16nm.

What make is yours Gregster?

You have no pump whine? Thought mine was ok until I installed quiet case fans. Now it's literally getting more and more annoying with each passing minute :p

I hope I can return it, can't be stuck with this noise until 14/16nm..

Caporegime
What make is yours Gregster?

You have no pump whine? Thought mine was ok until I installed quiet case fans. Now it's literally getting more and more annoying with each passing minute :p

I hope I can return it, can't be stuck with this noise until 14/16nm..

XFX. I was happy to wait for the MSI model but then seeing those in stock made me switch my order. My case is quiet with being watercooled (albeit only the CPU at the mo) and no whine at all.

Soldato
They cut the cores off, and gave em new numbers, they are just like the 290 and 290X, they are the same cards, just the 290 ahs got less streams, but AMD strill called it a Hawaii.

Wrong again.

GTX 980
GM204 Die Size - 398 mm²
Transistors - 5.2 Billion

GTX Titan X/980 Ti
GM200 Die Size - 601 mm²
Transistors - 8 Billion

Back
Top Bottom