• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Fury(X) Fiji Owners Thread

Soldato

Another one, though doesn't seem quite as bad as the others.

That sounds like mine. I didn't notice until I replaced my case fans. Now the case is so quiet the whine really stands out.

Posted some pics of old and revised pump a few posts back.

Would love to get mine replaced but stock date is a month away for Sapphire..

Caporegime

My best effort of replicating the same run. If you still think there is something up, then that's cool and something for Nvidia to look at perhaps?

Anyways, not doing it anymore (till 1440P :p)

@Arc - Review will hopefully be done late tomorrow night or early Friday morning.

Caporegime
It might be your capture card/software. You should take screen shots and post them.

It does a great job if you want 30 fps 1080P only but for gameplay, it isn't the best (hence me asking about GVR). I will be switching to that tomorrow and then ShadowPlay on Nvidia, as the quality is 10x better for both.

Edit:

Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhh just seen what was wrong and the capture card had defaulted to 12mbs instead of the 30 I used for AMD. Schoolboy error lol

Caporegime
It might be your capture card/software. You should take screen shots and post them.

What are the chances the capture software is removing specific items like road markings and adding them back in slowly as they get closer? If these are the same in game settings then either a bug is not enabling the higher settings on the Titan X or Nvidia is purposefully reducing settings via the driver to enhance performance at the same settings. either way, Nvidia has higher performance in the comparison while offering significantly reduced IQ. You can only really presume that making everything look sharper and increasing draw distance will impact performance.

THe question is, is it the game, or is it Nvidia and if it's Nvidia, what other games are faster but worse looking?

Caporegime
I've started using Raptr, Greg. I quite like it so far, though for the life of me I can't seem to get the fps number displayed. No idea why. :/

Last edited:
Soldato
What are the chances the capture software is removing specific items like road markings and adding them back in slowly as they get closer? If these are the same in game settings then either a bug is not enabling the higher settings on the Titan X or Nvidia is purposefully reducing settings via the driver to enhance performance at the same settings. either way, Nvidia has higher performance in the comparison while offering significantly reduced IQ. You can only really presume that making everything look sharper and increasing draw distance will impact performance.

THe question is, is it the game, or is it Nvidia and if it's Nvidia, what other games are faster but worse looking?

Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhh just seen what was wrong and the capture card had defaulted to 12mbs instead of the 30 I used for AMD. Schoolboy error lol

Good chance apparently.

Soldato

even at a lower bitrate there should still be visual artifacts in the video of the objects being in the distance. But they appear as though they are not drawn.

I would do the runs without any motion blur when comparing Visual Quality.

Caporegime
Good chance apparently.

No chance, the quality(if it was the same for both) is one thing, it doesn't create or remove INDIVIDUAL detail from one and not the other. THe draw distance issue isn't a capture card issue, its literally impossible it's either there or not in the image being captured, if it looks more blurry because the quality setting is different that is one thing, it doesn't lose individual parts of the image.

The quality is down on the Titan regardless, draw distance is significantly worse. It also wouldn't effect the contrast or colour in general. What it could effect is detail inside things like the trees and texture quality in areas. But draw distance is certainly not comparable.

Caporegime
Well the final run is being uploaded with both cards capturing at 30Mbs, so draw your conclusions after this :)

Sorry for the schoolboy error and it is late, so please don't hold it against me :D

@Arc - Doesn't Raptr capture Fraps frames in the corner or AfterBurner settings?

Caporegime
Ahh, I see. :)

Yeah, it's displayed in the corner like other software (e.g. Fraps / Mirillis). In my case, it's just PEBCAK. I'm sure I'll get it sorted tomorrow.

Well I will be playing with it tomorrow so any pointers, I will be coming to you :D

What do you think guys? Looks better or is Nvidia doing things at driver level?

Soldato
Unfortunatly the same issues again. if you watch the curb as he rounds the corner on the TX the white line is blurred into the distance yet it is sharp and clearly visible on the FX.

Also at 23 seconds for the TX. Everything beyond the lamppost in the street is blurred and the yellow line is not blended with the tarmac.

Defiantly something wrong, not saying it is on your part Greg.

Back
Top Bottom