• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Fury(X) Fiji Owners Thread

Caporegime
Here is an example of what I'm referring to...

Untitled_1.jpg

Same on the gun, you have less grey detail on the scope etc.

Last edited:
Soldato
You are missing the point though. They are not the exact same scene being run on each card, they are as near as he could possibly get using the same scene in whatever game it was, which can change how things look greatly. You can see in the still that the character is not in the same place so it's therefore not the same image and you can't make any comparison only a preference (like with everything) to which you prefer. Hope that makes sense. :)

It does not matter if where he is looking is identical. Things like the lines in the road should look the same into the distance. Yet they are fading in at a short distance on the TX. But are well defined into the distance on the FX.

The blurring has nothing to do with The recording since the line looks faded on the TX where as it is solid and sharp on the FX. If it was just an artifact of the recording there would be a blurred but solid white line into the distance. Yet it looks transparent and blurred on the TX which is a rendering issue as the surface and other textures are visible underneath the line.

as in this picture with the line that follows the curb.

Desktop_2015_07_02_09_35_04_173_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
Well debate that vid as much as you like, but having watched it with less tired eyes, they both looked good to me.

On a very very enjoyable note, I now have 120Hz at 1440P working wooot :D

As always it comes down to preference, and i am not saying your video is bad just that imho i can't be used to judge image quality. :)

Associate
It does not matter if where he is looking is identical. Things like the lines in the road should look the same into the distance. Yet they are fading in at a short distance on the TX. But are well defined into the distance on the FX.

The blurring has nothing to do with The recording since the line looks faded on the TX where as it is solid and sharp on the FX. If it was just an artifact of the recording there would be a blurred but solid white line into the distance. Yet it looks transparent and blurred on the TX which is a rendering issue as the surface underneath is visible.

Desktop_2015_07_02_09_35_04_173_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg

So you're saying it's brighter on Fury X so it must be better image quality where as i am saying you can't use brightness of colour to determine image quality. You could adjust settings and get the Titan X to look brighter than the Fury X but that then wouldn't mean the Titan X suddenly has the better image quality. By the way i have an AMD card and prefer them as a company but honestly i prefer the look of the Titan X and it doesn't have that ghosting around the scope of the gun and just about everything else.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Greg said from the start that he altered the colour settings on the Fury x video.

Well whatever he has done or whether it's just a capture issue the blacks are being crushed which is giving people on here the illusion that Fury has a better image quality/higher contrast. It's a similar situation to when you set RGB incorrectly on PS3/4 grey details just get turned into a mess of black but some people swear that it looks better. The Titan's ''washed out" look is how the game should look.

Last edited:
Associate
Interesting turn of events, from annoying pump noise to IQ!
This testing is very interesting and providing info that no review site has commented/observed.

Has already been mentioned but some static image comparisons at higher res may shed more light on difference in IQ.

Also is it BF4 specific or are other games affected?
And is mantle being used in BF4 during the runs? Perhaps that affects things?

Soldato
So you're saying it's brighter on Fury X so it must be better image quality where as i am saying you can't use brightness of colour to determine image quality. You could adjust settings and get the Titan X to look brighter than the Fury X but that then wouldn't mean the Titan X suddenly has the better image quality. By the way i have an AMD card and prefer them as a company but honestly i prefer the look of the Titan X.

I am not talking about brightness of the image. I am talking about the definition of the white line that follows the curb. It is solid and well defined on the FX. Yet it blurs near the player and you can see textures underneath the line on the TX.

If it was the recording then the lines would both be solid and the tX line would just look like a solid blurred line. But on the TX it is faded near the player and you can see textures underneath the line. Which is a rendering issue.

Associate
I am not talking about brightness of the image. I am talking about the definition of the white line that follows the curb. It is solid and well defined on the FX. Yet it blurs near the player and you can see textures underneath the line on the TX.

If it was the recording then the lines would both be solid and the tX line would just look like a solid blurred line. But on the TX it is faded near the player and you can see textures underneath the line. Which is a rendering issue.

I'm sorry but from what i see the one on the right being the Tx looks much more defined than the Fx and is also less blurry but it still doesn't determine image quality because they are not the same image. You need high res stills or videos showing the exact same scene with both cards at default settings.

There are just too many variables in the video provided.

Caporegime

The blurring has nothing to do with The recording since the line looks faded on the TX where as it is solid and sharp on the FX. If it was just an artifact of the recording there would be a blurred but solid white line into the distance. Yet it looks transparent and blurred on the TX which is a rendering issue as the surface and other textures are visible underneath the line.

http://kepfeltoltes.hu/150702/Desktop_2015_07_02_09_35_04_173_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg

That is an interesting observation, surely just an AF issue though either not set correctly or a bug? why have no reviewers noticed something so obvious if NVidia are indeed cheating.

Last edited:
Associate
Look, it's simple....no matter what you say about performance or IQ or anything else.....Team Green will always come up with an excuse when Team Red get one over on them and will ignore/deny any misgivings or issues with their card choices.....why? Because they feel the need to defend their card choice because in most places they are more expensive.....it's just like people who own Apple products defend their purchases (Fools!). It's human nature to defend ones actions and make excuses or go into denial when those actions come into question.

I wont be looking at which white lines are the blurriest when playing battlefield 4 tonight....I'll be concentrating on putting a bullet in the enemy when he walks around the corner of that building.....Blurry or not...Here I come!!

Enjoy your games and your cards, no matter which team you support.

:)

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm sorry but from what i see the one on the right being the Tx looks much more defined than the Fx and is also less blurry but it still doesn't determine image quality because they are not the same image. You need high res stills or videos showing the exact same scene with both cards at default settings.

There are just too many variables in the video provided.

The video is perfectly fine to pull up rendering issues as both halves were recorded at the same quality and with the same capture device.

Here is what i am talking about which you keep ignoring or just don not see.

vG2RNKo.jpg

It is a texture filtering issue on the TX. Either there is an issue with BF4 and nvidia drivers or Nvidia are purposely fiddling LOD to boost performance.

Associate
Nvidia have been doing absolutely everything they can to derail the Fury launch so I would probably say they were fiddling the LOD to make the Fury X look poor in comparison. I also believe that this time around Nvidia have seemed to do more to overshadow the Fury range than any other AMD release in previous years.......I wonder why?

Don't you just love a good conspiracy :D

Soldato
The video is perfectly fine to pull up rendering issues as both halves were recorded at the same quality and with the same capture device.

Here is what i am talking about which you keep ignoring or just don not see.

vG2RNKo.jpg

It is a texture filtering issue on the TX. Either there is an issue with BF4 and nvidia drivers or Nvidia are purposely fiddling LOD to boost performance.

It looks like something's up with the aniso filtering.

NVidia had some AF issues with the Geforce FX series as well I recall.

Back
Top Bottom