• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Fury(X) Fiji Owners Thread

Associate
Mine is being collected today by a competitor.

I'll find out if I have any issues with the return over the new few days, I'm also finding out if they can confirm replacements are with revised pumps (if not I'll go for a refund).

Looks like it's down to the indivdual retailer then or i guess official RMA. Glad you're getting it sorted. :)

Associate
This.

Take a maxwell card's boosting out of the box to around 1200Mhz + overclock to 1450Mhz is about 20%

A GTX 980 and R9 290X on the latest Drivers are about even @ 1440P

The average overclock on a 290X is 1150Mhz, thats 15%.

The difference is a 290X running at 1150Mhz is a 290X running at 1150Mhz, no more no less unless you have the Powerplay settings at 0 or are strangled by the CPU.

Nvidia cards boost up-to 1450Mhz they don't run at that speed at a constant like the AMD cards.

So easy to get caught up in the raw numbers though. Marketing at it's best. :)

Caporegime
using this;

"Download Display Driver Uninstaller DDU" ?

PS when saying switch lane Greg, do you mean physical switch off then swap around the GPU's ?

Yer, that's the one. I have both cards installed on PCI-E x16 slots and just switch one on and the other off via mobo switches. Connect the monitor to the one I am using and off I go. Takes less than 2 minutes to do that and install drivers.

Just out of interest is it not possible to leave both sets of drivers installed and disable/enable each card as needed?

It is but I don't want any conflicts, so better to just have the AMD drivers or Nvidia drivers on depending on the card being used. Saves any grief and with this lot, they will rip anything apart that isn't 100% fair :D

Suspended
Well i have to say i'm not a sharp eyed one, who picks on everything, but in the last BF video the difference is clearly standing out in IQ on the Furys favor.

At the start blurred road and lines on the road on TX
Desktop_2015_07_02_09_34_12_473_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg

Curb and road looks washed/blurred on TX
Desktop_2015_07_02_09_35_04_173_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg

Again road surface and signs on the road are crappy looking
Desktop_2015_07_02_09_35_20_477_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg

Line on the road seems to wash away a few meters from viewpoint while on FX it runs to the distance
Desktop_2015_07_02_09_36_06_108_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg

Building in the back are much sharper on FX although it is further back viewpoint
Desktop_2015_07_02_09_36_27_980_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg

Blue roadsign is sharp on the FX a blurred mess on TX
Desktop_2015_07_02_09_37_04_063_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg

I do not play BF so i'm not a pro, but those caught my eye in the video.

Thanks for the effort Gregster, those are great comparisons.

I'm with you on this one, the Image quality on the Titan-X is pretty poor.

Not as much detail as the Fury-X, it is blurry and washed-out. There is also a lot more ghosting on the TX, Despite the TX apparently rendering higher FPS its not actually putting them on screen, hence the ghosting.

Last edited:
Associate
Yer, that's the one. I have both cards installed on PCI-E x16 slots and just switch one on and the other off via mobo switches. Connect the monitor to the one I am using and off I go. Takes less than 2 minutes to do that and install drivers.

It is but I don't want any conflicts, so better to just have the AMD drivers or Nvidia drivers on depending on the card being used. Saves any grief and with this lot, they will rip anything apart that isn't 100% fair :D

Lol. Yeah i've lurking long enough to know the grief you occasionally get. :D

Associate

>> this "via mobo switches"
on board motherboard switches ?

sorry for hassle very interested in doing this atm, thanks Greg.

Associate
I'm with you on this one, the Image quality on the Titan-X is pretty poor.

Not as much detail as the Fury-X, it is blurry and washed-out. There is also a lot more ghosting on the TX, Despite the TX apparently rendering higher FPS its not actually putting them on screen, hence the ghosting.

What? Ghosting = not real fps?

its a LOD difference between amd and nvidia on driver level. Also the colors on amd are a bit better. You change your LOD settings with radeonpro if you want

Suspended
What? Ghosting = not real fps?

its a LOD difference between amd and nvidia on driver level. Also the colors on amd are a bit better. You change your LOD settings with radeonpro if you want
If if there is no new frame it will refresh the old one. Because its the same frame its effectively two of the same frame on screen at slightly different positions causing an overlap that results in ghosting. The FPS counter reads output. That includes multiple of the same frame from the cache. This is very different to what is actually rendering in the GPU. FX seems to be rendering more new frames while the TX is refreshing old ones.

Back
Top Bottom