• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Gamers Guide To Mantle

Crysis 3 (Along with BF3/BF4) looks like it's smothered in vaseline, but that's a personal opinion.
AC4 (again opinion) has probably the best graphics for me.

Turn Post AA off. its that which blurs the image.
---

To problem with Crytek is they don't make enough games, the one's they do make are little more than a show case for the engine.

You can't survive on selling an engine alone, no matter how good it is.

Tho in their defence i really enjoy playing C3 MP, its a very good FPS game, yet i don't play it much at all, i can't put my finger on why, i think a lot of other feel the same way as the servers are all but dead.

This game is seriously addictive. I highly recommend you give it a try before dismissing it. Brilliant optimization and surprisingly cheap. Without doubt the best £14 I've ever spent on a pc game in my lifetime. Oh and it has Mantle support and worked perfectly out of the box on old drivers. :) :cool:

I snapped some multiplayer footage from the Team Vanquish mode too. One round as a Zombie and one round as a Plant. Will add the other video tomorrow morning. Check it. :)

Watch in 1440P quality.

Last edited:
From what I can gather it's in the same style as Loudout (free?) and Team Fortress 2 (free).
Given that they're free I don't see a reason to spend money on this. I might give it a go once it's free, but until then it seems expensive for what it is.

This game is seriously addictive. I highly recommend you give it a try before dismissing it. Brilliant optimization and surprisingly cheap. Without doubt the best £14 I've ever spent on a pc game in my lifetime. Oh and it has Mantle support and worked perfectly out of the box on old drivers. :) :cool:

I snapped some multiplayer footage from the Team Vanquish mode too. One round as a Zombie and one round as a Plant. Will add the other video tomorrow morning. Check it. :)

Watch in 1440P quality.

Cactus video.

PVZ Garden Warfare is a lot of fun. I'm having a blast; its one of those games you can play for an hour easy and then just fire something else up. I've had several matches where we've pulled it out of the bag after I've gone on a kill streak. :D

Its a lot of fun and I picked it up for 16 quid.....just finished Murder: Soul Suspect another very underrated game; very much classic style murder mystery; use your head adventure......I wish it was longer honestly....but the writing we well done; some very good twists in it.......will play again after I upgrade as I thought it had true audio in it.....

PVZ Garden Warfare is a lot of fun. I'm having a blast; its one of those games you can play for an hour easy and then just fire something else up. I've had several matches where we've pulled it out of the bag after I've gone on a kill streak. :D

Its a lot of fun and I picked it up for 16 quid.....just finished Murder: Soul Suspect another very underrated game; very much classic style murder mystery; use your head adventure......I wish it was longer honestly....but the writing we well done; some very good twists in it.......will play again after I upgrade as I thought it had true audio in it.....

Word. Hooked on PvZ at the moment and the dev support is great too.

Murdered Soul Suspect is in my to play list but right now I'm just having too much fun shooting zombies as a plant Lol.

haha Matt :) if you got friends on your origins list add me.....meldarth or meldarthx :D Murdered Soul Suspect is well worth the play; only about 9 hours on my first play through and I didn't get everything. I need to check if there is more than one ending without spoiling anything :)

Discussion: Mantle API with AMD Radeon™ graphics

Fascinating video. Learn how and why Mantle was created. How it will compare to DX12 and why game developers wanted it and what it offers them. Brand new video. Discuss. :cool:

AMD’s Mantle is a groundbreaking graphics API that promises to transform the world of game development. In this video, AMD Technical Manager Dave Nalasco goes into detail on this groundbreaking technology.

Learn more: http://www.amd.com/mantle

AMD has a good thing with mantle for sure, smoother, faster give low end cpu machines a good benefit to buy a new card that helps them utlize it without buying a whole new machine.

Game Developers are all in with mantle.
its the one big advance for PC gaming the last 15 years.

AMD has a good thing with mantle for sure, smoother, faster give low end cpu machines a good benefit to buy a new card that helps them utlize it without buying a whole new machine.

Game Developers are all in with mantle.
its the one big advance for PC gaming the last 15 years.

If it was available to all graphics cards for pc gamers and not just amd pc gamers then i would agree, a recent survey on steam had nvidia users at 58% amd at 28% and although it does not include every pc gamer as not everyone uses steam it is a big comparison for steams many millions of users.

Did he drop a little bombshell at 15:35?

We have already done some great work with some of the biggest Game Engines in the World, such as the Frost Bite Engine, The Cryengine, the Nitrous Engine... All these Engines are integrating Mantle
Crytech Announced an AMD partnership a couple of months ago, but nothing was said about Integrating Mantle into Cryengine. plenty of speculation...
I guess its official now. :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom