Your vote

• Yay, I want to be free

Votes: 161 19.9%
  • Nay, never untie the knot

Votes: 441 54.4%
  • Don’t care about Haggis and chips.

Votes: 209 25.8%

• Total voters
I don't see why it should happen , and why now after hundreds of years? imo just politicians fishing for a higher pay rise

Maybe I dont see the issues created by living in the south east near london.

I should hold my hands up and just say I dont know.

I live in London and am all for independence... Of London and the South East.:p

My point still stands for the rest of the country though. It's a standard complaint amongst many that the change from manufacturing to financial economy has caused many problems for the rest of the country.

My point still stands for the rest of the country though. It's a standard complaint amongst many that the change from manufacturing to financial economy has caused many problems for the rest of the country.

:D.

Its a fair point. Unfortunately Ive never lived anywhere else so I have no knowledge of the hardship the rest of the country has.

I thought we were on bad times when the potholes stopped getting repaired :D :(.

Here's a thought - will Scottish Power customers from below the border be affected? How will it affect RBS customers? I'm not with RBS but I am with Scottish Power.

Basically it won't. In the event of independence for Scotland both those countries will continue trading normally. There may be some corporate re-organisation behind the scenes but service to customers would not be affected.

Just to point out that even parts of the South East - mainly the coastal towns and cities - get left behind thanks to the British establishment's obsession with London. E.g. look at the state of the A27, the main road from Brighton to Portsmouth, it's a disgrace.

Basically it won't. In the event of independence for Scotland both those countries will continue trading normally. There may be some corporate re-organisation behind the scenes but service to customers would not be affected.

Are you sure?

Who will guarantee bank deposits?

would be some interesting things like car insurance, travel insurance etc day after decleration ?

if they go independent - would speeding "points" etc not be applicable etc if you were from south of border ?

would be some interesting things like car insurance, travel insurance etc day after decleration ?

if they go independent - would speeding "points" etc not be applicable etc if you were from south of border ?

What happens to stamps, who will administer driving licences for an independent Scotland, there is a huge list of stuff Alex Salmond will have to address.

How will it all be funded?

Back
Top Bottom