• Yay, I want to be free

Votes: 161 19.9%
  • Nay, never untie the knot

Votes: 441 54.4%
  • Don’t care about Haggis and chips.

Votes: 209 25.8%

• Total voters
Caporegime
Do you really think the politics in Scotland will be different just because Westminster may no longer be involved?

Of course it wont.

It worries me that so many people are voting yes and just using the soundbites of "I'm saying no to Westminster" or "the political establishment needs shaking up".

The reality is, Scotland will still end up with some slimey PM who half the population will claim doesn't care about them...and the circle will continue.

Soldato
I genuinely feel sorry for a lot of scots. The misinformation they've been handed is staggering. One of the biggest decisions they'll make in their life and it's based on either outright lies, deception or massive uncertainties.
Seeing some of the posts in the speakers corner just highlights this. Nationalists spouting drivvle as if they're facts. Luckily a lot of them were corrected here however how many people haven't had their inaccuracies corrected and will be voting today based upon them?

Biohazard is one of them.

Caporegime
If Yes wins, can Bristol join Scotland? Please?

Simple solution to all this is for London and the south east to declair independence from the rest of the UK. That way Scotland, Northern Ireland, Wales, the north and south west can do their thing without Westminster interference...!

Soldato
I don't think they should split, and it seems like they are going to be ostrasized so hardcore if they do. They won't have the pound, and the paper today is saying 700,000 people will leave Scotland if a Yes vote comes in. On Radio 2 they keep saying about all the businesses that will leave.

Doesn't seem like there will be much left of Scotland if Yes comes in, I don't know if they can survive, and David Cameron is saying they cannot rejoin the UK, although the Queen will prolly let them back in but with a clause so this never happens again.

Soldato
I have a weird arrangement with my neighbour.
I give him all of my wages, he pays the bills for me and gives me back what's left.

He says we're both better off that way, economies of scale and all that, I've seen its cheaper to buy in bulk so he must be right.

except recently I've started questioning the arrangement. it's hard to tell but I don't seem to be getting the best deal (even harder to tell because he has all the receipts and doesn't share the info with me).

He's got the bigger house and car, fair enough he earns a bit more than me, but people with the same wage as I have (who don't have this arrangement) all seem to be much better off.
From what i can gather, I'm getting a fair bit less back than what I'm giving out. he says I'm wrong, and keeps telling me I'm a scrounger living off his handouts.

He's taken control of most of the official stuff, last year he "reassigned" a fair part of my back garden to become his back garden now, and tried to keep quiet about it.

He's also decided that his gas boiler is a bit dangerous, so that gets kept outside my bedroom window, where it would destroy the majority of my house should there be an accident, but leave his intact. I did ask him to move it back since I don't even want gas heating, but he said it would be too dangerous keeping it next to his house.
he's also pitting in a new high speed driveway, and says I get to share in the cost, even though it doesn't actually touch my land at all, and it's bloody expensive!

we share a common budget, so any major works that are done are shared, fair enough, but all the major work gets done on his house, which ain't so fair. even if improving his house devalues mine, I still get to contribute to improving his house.

so I've been thinking about scrapping this arrangement and going it alone. it's a little scary to be honest, exciting but scary. going out and being my own man, doing my own thing with my own money, I'm a little worried I won't always get it right, but I'm hopeful things will improve.

I'll be able to start spending my money on what I need, rather than ask him and hope he needs it too, or won't mind giving me some of my money back for it.
but now he's started scaring me even more. for example, he told me my shopping would get more expensive if i went to Asda myself, but I asked the manager there and she said he's talking nonsense again.

He's being going round the other neighbours trying to get them to convince me it's a bad idea, even using some of my money to bribe some of them into saying so! (Boris across the road stuck him in).

He says I won't be allowed back on the neighbourhood committee either. I've been to every meeting since it started, albeit as a partnership, I was there before all the other neighbours, and they all like me and want me there, but he says they won't let me back.

They're not allowed to officially declare anything yet, the committee is kinda beareaucratic they way, since it's currently his name on my paperwork, he's the only one allowed to ask, but won't.

He never usually comes to visit, but this last week I can't get rid of him, he's all over my house telling me it's gonna be too expensive to redecorate, that the plants in the garden will all wither and die, and the burglars will all suddenly flock to Rob me.

It all sounds a bit ridiculous to be honest, and it's not the first time I've caught him lying to me.

On the bright side, after telling me for years it's just a stupid idea, this past week he's decided I might be onto something, and has offered offered a "mystery prize" if I decide to stay. ooh mystery prize! exciting! he won't hint how big a prize though...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom