Votes: 161 19.9%
  • Nay, never untie the knot

Votes: 441 54.4%
  • Don’t care about Haggis and chips.

Votes: 209 25.8%

• Total voters
Permabanned
Its a no from me as well.

However if they vote yes, then I expect Westminster to fight to keep as much of the UK assets in the rUK. Like any divorce.

Permabanned
The Romans built a wall not far from me after they conquered you down there.

They stopped at that wall due to not being able to beat the mad blue dyed nutters.

Soldato
I don't think they should split and I hope they don't, it seems the more sensible option... Plus Alex Salmond's smugness would be taken to a whole new level if they won :p

The mischievous child inside me though kind of does want it to be a yes vote just to see what happens and to see how it turns out, see who was right about what :D

Caporegime
I'd vote for independence, but I'm not Scottish.

However I expect "No" to win by at least 10 percent (45/55 split).

I think we'd be better with a federal system, instead of a London government for London people :p

AGD

AGD

Soldato
Vote YES!

I'm not a Scot but I think they would be better off independent. The most important point for me is that they'll have a better democracy. Proportional representation and a goverment who live in and understand the needs of Scotland.

The main parties are now promising more devolution, but a) there is no guarantee it will happen b) if they believed in it, why are they only offering it as a last minute panic bribe? and c) Cameron fought hard to keep the devo-max option off the referendum ballot so is clearly against the idea.

Permabanned
The Romans built a wall not far from me after they conquered you down there.

They stopped at that wall due to not being able to beat the mad blue dyed nutters.

They stopped once they didn't want the highlands as there was nothing worth having up there. All the bits north of the Antonine wall they wanted they built forts near.

Permabanned
They stopped once they didn't want the highlands as there was nothing worth having up there. All the bits north of the Antonine wall they wanted they built forts near.

I am not anywhere near the sheep worriers, I am near Glasgow (all I am saying).

Caporegime
I genuinely feel sorry for a lot of scots. The misinformation they've been handed is staggering. One of the biggest decisions they'll make in their life and it's based on either outright lies, deception or massive uncertainties.
Seeing some of the posts in the speakers corner just highlights this. Nationalists spouting drivvle as if they're facts. Luckily a lot of them were corrected here however how many people haven't had their inaccuracies corrected and will be voting today based upon them?

Permabanned
Then don't post in the thread. Simple!

Since when does that come in to the topic?

I was not talking about the poll as if you looked I was 1st to reply, I am talking about other pleading for others to vote yes or no in both threads on topic.

With most of the fancy worded BS you post you should take your own advise in the GD section.

Last edited:
Associate
A No vote is a vote for more of the same, so if you look around you and are content with the state of Scotland at the moment then a No vote is understandable. A Yes vote is a vote for a chance of something better, sure there are risks but with more risks come greater opportunities. Remember that he who dares, wins.
Since we're spouting clichés, the grass is always greener on the other side. Better the devil you know, etc.

By leaving the Union, Scotland would be discarding the known and venturing off into the unknown without due care or consideration for the consequences to its people. It's one big ego game for Salmond and Sturgeon, and they won't care if it all goes to pieces after a few years, they'll have won and that's all that counts. They wouldn't be the ones who find themselves hard to do if the economy goes wrong, and they wouldn't be the ones who have to go grovelling to London or the EU for help, as like all good politicians they'll move on and let someone else deal with the mess.

On the other hand, it might all turn into sunshine and rainbows, but is it really worth that risk? Is living in Scotland under the governance of the UK really that bad?

Soldato
I'm not entirely clued up on the topic but didn't the Government promise a lot of extra money and support to Scotland if they vote No?

Back
Top Bottom