• Yay, I want to be free

Votes: 161 19.9%
  • Nay, never untie the knot

Votes: 441 54.4%
  • Don’t care about Haggis and chips.

Votes: 209 25.8%

• Total voters
Permabanned
@ Castiel, When/where did I say it was in Scotland like you keep going on about as I did not so you cannot back up jack.

It is backed up in your post and in the quotes referring to it. I even explained it for you.

Once again I said it was part of the Roman Empire as web links show and unlike you we did not get conquered so cannot be in the Roman Empire.

As I said, I have not been conquered by Romans, and unfortunately for you, history will bear out that parts of Scotland were indeed conquered by the Romans, you see the archaeological evidence for it, in fact you referred to it yourself. The problem is that Scotland as a nation did not exist, the tribal nature of the region meant that it was a loose confederation which only came into existence when the Romans began their excursions into what we now call Scotland. The term Caledonia was what the Romans called the area north of Britannia, it was not an actual Country in the same way as Scotland is today with a single people or culture.

In short, Scotland was indeed occupied and conquered by the Roman legions, only not completely and not at the same time.

Again this is in the link you supplied to support your position.

Last edited:

AJK

AJK

Associate
It'll be a NO, and it won't be as close as the polls suggest - I'm guessing 56/44 or thereabouts. It's just not the right time for it to happen; ask again in 10 years and it might be, but not right now.

Soldato
Nay. Remember that scottish nobles owned a lot of land in england, or whatever the country names were back then, during the time of bannockburn. There is a lot of one sidedness going on here, huge pieces of history are being conveniently erased.

Soldato
No from me. I love Scotland and would hate them to do something stupid.

However if they do go yes I hope the uk puts them in their place in the negotiations. Come a no vote we should exile salmond to a barge anchored over his precious infinite oil.

Soldato
I hope they vote Yes as it will be a huge shake-up for the UK Political System that is very much needed, we are all sick to death of the same old, same old from Westminster no matter which Party gets in. Voter apathy is at an all time high, the system we have now where people vote not for the best Party but simply for 'Not the worst Party' is in dire need of massive change.

You can see how much of a flap it's got Westminster in by all the threats and promises being made, BBC bias is in overdrive, the Govt. are rattled. This is a good thing, they really don't want to get out of their long stagnant status quo.

**** the system!!:cool:

Permabanned
@ Castiel, Who cares what he thinks calling others a DH is against rules no?

And again you are telling lies, I at no time said that was in Scotland now you are posting lying delusional BS which ahs got me going back on saying I am not posting here but you would try the patients of a saint TBH and you should not get away with the crap you pull every day in here.

You need took down a peg or two, I give you that you come across as clever with your wording but you are clueless in many respects.

How many in this thread have called you out for what you really are (3 or 4 so far)?

You are on ignore from now on and TBH this is all on you for saying I said something I did not (anyone can see here my posts) then repeatedly saying my own quote proves I did say so.

You need some lithium.

Sorry to other the good posters for my part in talking the bait.

Last edited:
Caporegime
It'll be a NO, and it won't be as close as the polls suggest - I'm guessing 56/44 or thereabouts. It's just not the right time for it to happen; ask again in 10 years and it might be, but not right now.

It's the perfect time for Yes voters to have a referendum though. Would the polls have been so close in 2007 when we were going through a prosperous period and had a Labour government?

Considering many of the comments by yes voters include "Tory" comments I'm guessing not.

Much like any nationalist uprising (that includes UKIP) they get much more support when things aren't going well and you can project the problem on an outside force, be it "immigrants", the EU or "England".

Permabanned
@ Castiel, Who cares what he thinks calling others a DH is against rules no?

He didn't call you anything...again, you go off the deep-end without reading what was written.

And again you are telling lies, I at no time said that was in Scotland now your lying delusional BS has got me going back on saying I am not posting here but you would try the patients of a saint TBH.

Aside from the fact that I think it is Doctors who have Patients rather than Saints, nothing I have said has not been backed up with explanation and facts. I am neither lying nor delusional, no matter how hard or loud you might shout it.

You need took down a peg or two, I give you that you come across as clever with your wording but you are clueless in many respects.

Are you the one to do it? Threatening me on the internet is easy.

How many in this thread have called you out for what you really are (3 or 4 so far)?

The usual suspects. I find it quite satisfying that people take that much notice, even when they don't quite get the point of what is said.

You are on ignore from now on.

I bet I'm not.

AJK

AJK

Associate
Well I just voted and did a proxy vote for my mum.

No for me and yes for her.

Could have saved yourself the walk! ;)

It's the perfect time for Yes voters to have a referendum though. Would the polls have been so close in 2007 when we were going through a prosperous period and had a Labour government?

It's the perfect time to stir up a vote and get some media coverage, that's true. But an absolutely terrible time to go through with it. Additional devolved power makes a lot of sense; regions should be allowed to govern themselves to a certain extent based on their specific needs, but there are also national needs which - I believe - aren't best served by the incredible amount of uncertainty and risk that independence would bring. All IMO of course. And nothing to do with Roman cities at all.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Castiel are you bored today? Got no work to do? :p

Mods missed an opportunity here, the poll should have been separated between those able to vote and those not able. It would have been interesting to see how it compared to the the poll in SC.

Associate
Castiel and jh30uk can you both just wheesht?

Andy Murray has declared himself a YES voter.

Apparently hot happy with the negativity of the NO campaign in the last few days.

He hasn't got a vote so doesn't really matter.

I've voted no, and I hope the country can get on with things after the result comes in either way. Late licenses been granted throughout Scotland tonight though, so I fear it may be a messy end.

Soldato
It's a 'No' from me, though I'm conflicted. I think the interesting discussion around the future of Scotland in the UK has only just started, and I'm suspicious that a 'No' vote will kill all political appetite for change. I believe we are better together, but also that the Westminster political system is badly in need of reform, for the benefit of everyone in the UK.

Ultimately, I hope there's enough of a public outcry for change in Scotland to force Westminster's hand. Given the chance, they'll treat a 'No' victory as unilateral support for the status quo. This can't be allowed to happen. I hope the momentum built up during the independence campaign is maintained, and that pressure is kept up on Westminster to deliver on the vague promises given over the past few weeks. If people demand change, Westminster will have to deliver it. They can't afford to give Scotland a mandate for a second Independence vote.

Back
Top Bottom