• Yay, I want to be free

Votes: 161 19.9%
  • Nay, never untie the knot

Votes: 441 54.4%
  • Don’t care about Haggis and chips.

Votes: 209 25.8%

• Total voters
Caporegime
I don't think they should split and I hope they don't, it seems the more sensible option... Plus Alex Salmond's smugness would be taken to a whole new level if they won :p

The mischievous child inside me though kind of does want it to be a yes vote just to see what happens and to see how it turns out, see who was right about what :D

Yeah, that's how I feel too.

I think it would be good to see how it would turn out.

Soldato
I like how this thread has gone much the same way as any other independence discussion up here, full of people arguing the toss and not actually taking the time to step back and look at the bigger picture.

I'll be off to vote 'No' in a couple of hours, and believe that it'll be a no vote 53 to 47. I'm expecting trouble regardless of the outcome, and don't think that the city of Glasgow is going to be a peaceful loving place this weekend!

Will we be seeing exit polls throughout the day?

We'll get first results in around 1am and hopefully have a result around 7am. Counting doesn't start till all polling stations shut at 10pm. If there's bad weather, then some results from the Western Islands may be delayed further than early morning but I doubt it. The result will be called when it's mathematically decided, rather than when all votes have been counted.

My flatmate and I will likely stay up and watch it, him with a box of Tennents in one corner of the living room and me with my Carling in the other. :D

Associate
Andy Murray has declared himself a YES voter.

Apparently hot happy with the negativity of the NO campaign in the last few days.

Soldato
It'll be fine if they split, all the doom & gloom is just scare mongering.

Just the same as at the last General Election, remember when the Tories were saying how the country would implode if there was a coalition government, omg..the money markets would plummet against us, everything would come to a grinding halt and nothing would ever get done.

Oh look, everything just carried on, just as it will if Scotland becomes 'independent'.

Permabanned
I never said it was, it is what we say in slang for "cannot"

I said it was in the Roman Empire so cannot be in Scotland.

You said:

"P.S : Cannae was a city in the Roman Empire (since you are not very clued up on the topic of Scotland or Romans). "

Cannae is not a city in Scotland, either now or at the time of the Roman Empire. I know this as it was the site of Hannibal's victory in the Punic Wars (therefore illustrating that perhaps I am a little more clued up on the Romans than you might think). I also know that cannae is a colloquial contraction of cannot. The two are not related, which puts you in an awkward position over what you have written once again.

Perhaps you should simply stop replying to me like you keep saying you will. Actually be a man of your convictions.

Permabanned
Cannae was a city in the Roman Empire, at no time did I say it was or ever was in Scotland so you are either blind or making that up.

Again you talk a lot of trash saying others do not read fully what is written but you are the one who does not rad fully so again touché.

I have no clue how you got that badge, it must be for talking poop but seems many with it do so.

Last edited:
Caporegime
It'll be fine if they split, all the doom & gloom is just scare mongering.

Just the same as at the last General Election, remember when the Tories were saying how the country would implode if there was a coalition government, omg..the money markets would plummet against us, everything would come to a grinding halt and nothing would ever get done.

Oh look, everything just carried on, just as it will if Scotland becomes 'independent'.

I dunno, this has wider ramifications than a coalition government.

Caporegime
I dunno, this has wider ramifications than a coalition government.

We'll lose at least 3/4 of our Olympic medals, that's for sure :p

Also Scotland's economy will collapse, the Tories will take over England forever, there'll be bloodshed on the streets, and West Life will get back together. Absolute disaster for everyone if they vote Yes :p

Back
Top Bottom