The Grand Tour

Soldato
I personally found this weeks episode boring and couldnt wait for it to end. Having said this there is one piece that I always enjoy, Conversation Street, I think this shows the 3 as they really are, yes a lot of it is scripted but I really enjoy them chatting

Did you watch it to the end?

I enjoyed it, i love the recent May segments think he's really good at those sort of pieces.

Soldato
The hot hatch section dragged a bit.
I kinda got the feeling that they also knew it wasn't a strong segment by having to break it up and keep going back to the tent for an explanation of what happened next.

Soldato
I quite enjoyed as my Mrs is looking at the new St. It's amazing how much of a difference the dsg makes (almost too much of a difference) would have been interesting if it was the manual gti as they increase the power to makes it the same acceleration (sounds crazy but I read it on wiki, and a guy I work with mentioned it).

Soldato
Yea I'd still much prefer a manual in a hot hatch. I suspect on a track the Yaris would still be quicker though (without May driving ofc).

Last edited:
Associate
Did anyone else notice all the scratches at the front of that Bentley after the "modification"?!
Yes, I thought that.

The episode did have me laughing a lot though, particularly turd petrol causing skid marks. Hammond's jugs being smashed by a Russian clock leaving him with just a ring had me laughing. Scripted I know but absolutely hilarious.

Soldato
Bare in mind that he could powerslide the Aston before the traction control was switched fully off, I wouldn't expect too much of the electronic systems. :p

Probably intentional. Some sporty RWD cars are like that. The TC will stop you from spinning, but not sliding a bit.

Back
Top Bottom