The Grand Tour

Caporegime
Possibly the first episode of TG/The Grand Tour that I haven't even chuckled at...

The American talking ******** again, some South Africans ruining some ruined E30's further, that rubbish and quite frankly boring film... It was all just awful IMO, very disappointing... The scripting was a whole new level of obvious as well, even in the studio... :(

I thought The Grand Tour was supposed to be like back to back Top Gear Specials.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Yeah I wasn't a fan of this episode, the problem is now all the filming has been done (right?) so they can't rely on feedback really to 'fix' stuff until next season.

I want more car stuff. Very little car content there at all.

Caporegime
Pretty much yep.

This episode just highlights how far the trio have disappeared up their own *****

The Vulcan part was not on par with bbc quality

The track just doesn't work as well as the old one, not enough space and variety to do all the intestine sideways action etc.

Less talking to. It's a little funny, but also cringe. More adventures in cars.

Associate
No where near as good as the first episode and rather disappointed with it.

The army base thing got boring very quickly and certainly went on for far too long. As others have shared, that driver has got to go, he's not even in the slightest way amusing.

I'd prefer it if they introduced the old style challenges instead of that army style time wasting.

Surprised also, by the lack of general car news.

Hope this episode isn't a sign of things to come as it's airing on the side of self indulgent with Clarkson and Hammond leading the way.

Soldato
It feels so awkward.

The American is awful. The Special Forces skit just went on and on and i didnt really understand what the point of it was.

A real shame. Guess ill just be watching TG reruns on Dave.

Possibly the first episode of TG/The Grand Tour that I haven't even chuckled at...

The American talking ******** again, some South Africans ruining some ruined E30's further, that rubbish and quite frankly boring film... It was all just awful IMO, very disappointing... The scripting was a whole new level of obvious as well, even in the studio... :(

I thought The Grand Tour was supposed to be like back to back Top Gear Specials.

This pretty much. Although I still found myself smiling at the screen.

Soldato
It's not looking too good is it, that American is so annoying, they celebrity kill wasn't remotely funny in the 1st episode but now is so boring and the test track I don't think is long enough.

The 'special forces' bit was funny for 2 minutes then it got boring

Soldato
I watched half of the first one and got bored. I guess I'll get bored with this one. Then 3 not being in that studio or track just doesn't feel the same.

I was proper laughing out loud at a lot of the second episode - it was great entertainment.

I don't really like their new track though and really don't like that American driver. Were they that stuck for good racing drivers that they had to use him??

Soldato
The second episode was great. Could do with a bit more car content. Looking forward to the third. Is that one Scotland? I heard they were setting up there at the moment. I'm not sure what the lag on the filming to showing time is?

Man of Honour
I've never found myself eye rolling at old top gear but that army sketch was just a massively repetitive heap of muck. The dead celeb was mildly amusing as a dig in the first ep pointless to do it anymore than that.
Not good at all.

Associate
Boy that second episode was awful, the show desperately needs a decent producer or editing crew who isn't afraid to tell the 3 'stars' that some of this stuff isn't working as they are very much in danger of totally disappearing up their own backsides.

Part of me wonders if some of the charm of the old Top Gear (which wasn't always great by any means) was its quintessential 'Englishness' and they now that have internationalised the show it doesn't work quite so well.

Hopefully, the grand tour will only last one season and then they will bring the show 'home'

Back
Top Bottom