The Great Big FFP Debate

:D Surprise surprise

Shocked face!!

So there allowed adjustments just so happened to be big enough just scrap over the PSR threshold hah.

While other clubs are forced to sell players when they don’t want to?

Wow bitterness much? You guys just sold that Minteh chap for an overinflated fee to avoid PSR.

With Man Utd there might actually be genuine mitigating circumstances with COVID that meant they could fulfill the criteria to justify that figure but just listening to twitter nonsense is 100% fact.

Newcastle have just flagrantly bent the rules with a loophole and you are crying like some conspiracy chap.

Last edited:
:D Surprise surprise

Shocked face!!

So there allowed adjustments just so happened to be big enough just scrap over the PSR threshold hah.

While other clubs are forced to sell players when they don’t want to?
Shock horror, Everton weren’t allowed to use the same bad debt argument by the PL panel that Manu were able to use .

Wow bitterness much? You guys just sold that Minteh chap for an overinflated fee to avoid PSR.

With Man Utd there might actually be genuine mitigating circumstances with COVID that meant they could fulfill the criteria to justify that figure but just listening to twitter nonsense is 100% fact.

Newcastle have just flagrantly bent the rules with a loophole and you are crying like some conspiracy chap.
Unfortunately (for us) Minteh looks likely to be the real deal. Brighton don't pay overinflated prices, let's see how much he goes for in 1-2 seasons time when they cash in on him.

Now the Anderson/Vlachodimos deal, that's dodgy.

I don't think you can begrudge Newcastle fans for feeling unlucky that, having waited for some ambition and funds for a lifetime, and having watched teams like Blackburn, Chelsea and Man City literally buy success, when our chance finally comes along it's when there's a huge concerted effort to make it as hard as possible for us to compete (no, not just us).

That aside, how incredibly dull that post/pre season football chat is about amortisation and balance sheets. Roll on the window shutting so we can just watch some football.

I don’t have a problem with Everton being fined. I do have a problem with other clubs being treated with kid gloves.

Rather than letting Everton off because of the treatment of other clubs I would rather see the likes of Man Utd given the same treatment.

All clubs should be treated equally.

All clubs should be treated equally.
And there's zero evidence that they haven't. As I speculated when the Utd issue was first raised, it's since been reported that Utd's covid write-offs for the 21/22 season were linked to lost commercial and pre-season tour revenue. Other clubs would have had similar losses but not to the same amount as Utd as their commercial revenue and the amount of money they make from pre-season tours won't be as much. You'll also have other clubs with similar size losses but accounted for in the 20/21 season due to different year ends and the structure of their commercial deals etc.

As for the news about Everton facing another points penalty. It's not news. I wrote about it when they were given their 2nd points penalty last season - there was an outstanding issue relating to that charge that wasn't dealt with at the time due to the time it would take to resolve and the need for last seasons penalty to be resolved in time for the end of the season. The club and PL therefore agreed to hear it later.

And there's zero evidence that they haven't. As I speculated when the Utd issue was first raised, it's since been reported that Utd's covid write-offs for the 21/22 season were linked to lost commercial and pre-season tour revenue. Other clubs would have had similar losses but not to the same amount as Utd as their commercial revenue and the amount of money they make from pre-season tours won't be as much. You'll also have other clubs with similar size losses but accounted for in the 20/21 season due to different year ends and the structure of their commercial deals etc.

As for the news about Everton facing another points penalty. It's not news. I wrote about it when they were given their 2nd points penalty last season - there was an outstanding issue relating to that charge that wasn't dealt with at the time due to the time it would take to resolve and the need for last seasons penalty to be resolved in time for the end of the season. The club and PL therefore agreed to hear it later.

As long as all clubs are treated equally and fairly I am happy. If Everton keep breaking the rules I have zero sympathy.

Back
Top Bottom