The Great Big FFP Debate

The Sky6 want a bigger slice of the pie, maybe they should pay a bigger portion of the costs as well :cry: :cry: :cry:
I'm sure they'll be happy to if you're going to give them a bigger slice of the pie.

But anyway, the point was it's a bit odd to celebrate the PL 'losing' when all it means is less money for Newcastle (and the other 19 PL clubs). Not that £3.7m is really going to be noticed to a League generating billions each year.

I'm sure they'll be happy to if you're going to give them a bigger slice of the pie.

But anyway, the point was it's a bit odd to celebrate the PL 'losing' when all it means is less money for Newcastle (and the other 19 PL clubs). Not that £3.7m is really going to be noticed to a League generating billions each year.
Your right, I bet every club lawyer is now looking for more loopholes, it seems the PL rule book has as many holes in as Swiss cheese. it wouldn’t surprise me after this that ManCity have won the FMV/APT case and the PL is the process off appealing. If the PL has won we would have hard from the usual suspects by now that the PL had prevailed

I’ve been putting smily faces and eyebrows on most of the posts since it’s becoming a bit of a farce :D

Your right, I bet every club lawyer is now looking for more loopholes, it seems the PL rule book has as many holes in as Swiss cheese. it wouldn’t surprise me after this that ManCity have won the FMV/APT case and the PL is the process off appealing. If the PL has won we would have hard from the usual suspects by now that the PL had prevailed
This is the only loophole I'm aware of. What else has there been?

It's end of september the start of the hearing isnt it?

and man city would leak the **** out of any positive judgement :D

Last edited:
It was mentioned yesterday on sky sports that the way the rules were written quite a lot were open to interpretation and a lot were going to have to be rewritten
I'm not sure Sky Sports are qualified to make those statements but as yet the only loophole we've seen exposed (if that's even the right word) has been this Leicester case but as I mentioned last night it appears as if the EFL could be looking at taking the charge up against them (if Leicester weren't a PL side on 30th June then they were an EFL side and they'd have failed their PSR). We'll have to wait and see how it plays out but it has the potential to backfire on Leicester.

And on your City/fair market value point. If City had won the case then the PL handbook would have had to have been changed, which it hasn't so we can assume that they didn't lose or the judgement hasn't been made yet.

Funny how there's been so little out rage on here for Leicester cheating. The utter hypocrisy of them phoning in on talksport yesterday with the defence of 'you would do the same if you could get away with it' totally forgetting how they said they would sue Everton for their lost PL place.

For all the fans faux outrage against the biggest teams I bet they are all at it one way or another. The only sane fan I heard yesterday was a Leicester fan saying if they could win the PL and an FA cup, sell off huge value assets and still have to fudge the books because they couldn't make PSR then something is clearly broken with football finances.

Funny how there's been so little out rage on here for Leicester cheating. The utter hypocrisy of them phoning in on talksport yesterday with the defence of 'you would do the same if you could get away with it' totally forgetting how they said they would sue Everton for their lost PL place.

For all the fans faux outrage against the biggest teams I bet they are all at it one way or another. The only sane fan I heard yesterday was a Leicester fan saying if they could win the PL and an FA cup, sell off huge value assets and still have to fudge the books because they couldn't make PSR then something is clearly broken with football finances.
PSR is only there to keep the Sky6 at the top and not let others challenge them.

No that’s the 115 charges, they took the PL to arbitration over the the implementation of Fair market value and associated parties transactions rules
oh yeah, so many man city hearings you lose track of them all :p regardless if man city had won Im sure it would have been leaked by now

PSR is only there to keep the Sky6 at the top and not let others challenge them.

They were saying yesterday that Villa also moved the date on their accounts. So they also cheated. I do see why the PL has an interest in keeping the top 6 status quo because quite honestly that's where the broadcast money is worldwide for those teams. Canada isn't interested in watching Everton vs Brighton yet every time I watch a Hockey podcast they bang on about Man United or Liverpool.

Even so you can see how the bigger clubs have started to think twice with PSR. It's not remotely competitive and needs a complete overhaul. I mean you have fans today whinging about £97 for a European game which is cheap compared to North American sports and then in another breath wanting their team to sign X or Y or remain with PSR.

To a certain extent yes but it’s also turned around into a way for most clubs to have a great excuse to increase ticket prices, try to get rid of season tickets or get rid of concession tickets. This is all happening right now and it wouldn’t surprise me if clubs start using the dynamic prices that ticketmasters have used for these oasis tickets.

To a certain extent yes but it’s also turned around into a way for most clubs to have a great excuse to increase ticket prices, try to get rid of season tickets or get rid of concession tickets. This is all happening right now and it wouldn’t surprise me if clubs start using the dynamic prices that ticketmasters have used for these oasis tickets.
I can't see ticket prices going up much more for London clubs, they're at max point for actual fans already.

Seems to me he's literally hedging his bets before the verdict? I stand by my comment that if they had a win of any shape they would have leaked it.
I couldn’t remember the wording but did know he committed on it.

That goes both ways. If the verdict is in then it must be used as evidence for City main case as several clubs are awaiting the outcome. (Not just Newcastle!!)

Also in a case as complicated as that it would be very rare for it to be a one way street.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom